PDA

View Full Version : Mofo Mania!!!!!--Tiger Shrine 5/19-5/20

spicewine
05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Shrine Club Challenge in Columbia MO. this week end . Hope to see all you MOFOS there!!

BTW--- Gary---- I stole your MOJO while you were sleeping last night :eek:

Spice

Bellybro
05-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Dammit Spice! You know how he gets when you start talking about his MOJO!

I need the Diddler at his best this weekend. We are going to have to have a sayance (SP? A ritual to call his MOJO back) It will involve lots of cold Miller Lite!

GAME ON Brother MOFO!

Bigdog
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Dammit Spice! You know how he gets when you start talking about his MOJO!

I need the Diddler at his best this weekend. We are going to have to have a sayance (SP? A ritual to call his MOJO back) It will involve lots of cold Miller Lite!

GAME ON Brother MOFO!
The Diddler? WTF Inquiring minds what to know.

Bellybro
05-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I will have to let Spice tell that story since it his nickname for Solidkick?

spicewine
05-15-2006, 03:43 PM
The Diddler? WTF Inquiring minds what to know.

Gary , Sweet T, John and I teamed up last year for a BBQ benefit contest. We were on my big Spicewine unit. Gary said " Are we going to take turns watching the fire tonight?" I said " Why the smoker is good for 4 hours on one fueling. We are going to get some sleep" Later that night I watched him put 3 or 4 brickettes on the fire. I said " Gary!" " What the hell are you doing?" He said " I'm keeping the temps constant" I said " Your'e Diddling with it! Leave it alone and get some sleep!" :roll:

Thus----Batman's arch enemy------ THE DIDDLER

Jeff_in_KC
05-15-2006, 04:28 PM
My money's on Gary! That dude always has game on!

spicewine
05-15-2006, 04:44 PM
He is kind of Gamey sometimes :rolleyes:

Bigmista
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
You guys better take lots of pics!!!

HoDeDo
05-15-2006, 06:31 PM
All you MoFos have fun in Columbia. I'll be at Okie Joes..... Its gonna be wild. ButtRub.com, Lotta Bull, Trigg, and a cast of others are gonna be there. Looks like I'll have to have my A game on too! But based on my last showing against the MoFos - I'll have a better chance here. Spice, Meathead, and Jeff have been on fire :twisted: -

All I could do was 7th in Chicken.:roll:

Good luck this weekend brothers. I'll pour a cold one in your honor. I'm thinking Chilled Crown Special Reserve :icon_clown

Solidkick
05-15-2006, 06:36 PM
You guys better take lots of pics!!!

Note to self to buy batteries so Mista gets some pics.....:redface:

As far as being a diddler.....held the big unit to within 3 degrees variance for 4 hours....most lovin' that pit's ever had.....you feed and and leave her, I stayed with her and made her smile......:tongue:

Gamey? No way! When I cook, I smell like rub, and smoke and beer...I smell like perfection.... Note to self, leave the deoderant at home just for Jay....:tongue:

I'll be happy with a middle of the pack finish this weekend, believe it? :tongue:

It will be fun, no matter how we finish......:wink: Do you have plenty of your special coffee for this weekend?

Solidkick
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I'll be at Okie Joes..... Its gonna be wild. ButtRub.com, Lotta Bull, Trigg, and a cast of others are gonna be there.

We've been there and done that against those teams.....do what you do best and leave it to the judges, that's about all you can do. Someday, they'll be a whole host of us midwesterners that they'll be saying the same thing about.....

Best of luck.....go get 'em.....might try diddling a little, seems to help! :mrgreen:

BellyBrotherII
05-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Well Stay Tune for "Will the Diddler strike again. We are going to be there to have some fun, and eat some great Q. As far as middle of the road, well just get us over in the corner of the parking lot works for me.

spicewine
05-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Got a call from Daryl Darling last night. He's going to be there ( Set it and forget it) Ought to be a good contest with him and former AR Grand Champ Mark Hyman. Too bad old ChickyPig won't be there!!

mdodson
05-18-2006, 07:50 PM
WANT TO WISH AALLLLLL PARTICAPANTS AT THE TIGER SHRINE COMP GOOD LUCK AND MAY THE BEST BELLY BROTHER WIN:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::b iggrin: I'M KINDA PARTIAL TO THOSE BOYS:icon_blush::twisted:

spicewine
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Some people like betting on the " Dark Horse " :razz:

kcquer
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I spoke with Brother Kick while he was driving home this evening, sounds like the Belly Brothers and Team Q did the Brethren proud, I'll leave the particulars to the contestants. Congrats all around!!!

spicewine
05-20-2006, 09:42 PM
This was a good competition!! We had 2 AR Champs and alot of great cooks at this event. Here are the results.

CHICKEN

1) BELLY BROTHERS

2) Beef Town Basters

3) NATURAL BORN GRILLERS

4) Smoke this

10) TEAM Q

RIBS

1) Muddy River Boys

2) Great Grills O' Fire

3) In Deep Sauce

4) Smokin' till the sun comes up

5) Blaster BBQ

6) TEAM Q

Pork

1) Smokin' Till the sun comes up

2) Muddy River Boys

3) Blaster BBQ

4 ) TEAM Q

BRISKET

1) Great Grills O' Fire

2) Blaster BBQ

3) TEAM Q

4) In Deep Sauce

5) Set it and forget it

OVERALL

GRAND CHAMP-- Great Grills O' Fire

RESERVE G C - Blaster BBQ

3rd place----- Smokin' till the sun comes up

4th place--- TEAM Q

Ron_L
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Great jobs guys! Congrats to everyone!

Jeff_in_KC
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Congrats, guys! Good showing!

scottyd
05-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Wonderful job brothers

beerguy
05-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Way top go, congrats TEAMS!

MrSmoker
05-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Congrats Brothers WTG.

The_Kapn
05-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Great Job Guys--Congratultions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM

chad
05-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a good weekend!!

Chick'n Pig BBQ
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Way to go Spice Wine and Belly Brothers. Sounds like it was a blast.

Bigmista
05-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Awesome job Brethren!!

Solidkick
05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
We had a good, fun weekend! The chicken was to die for (thanks brother Buzz for the last minute tips), Ribs were good, just not good enough, brisket was good, maybe might have turned in the wrong one, and the pork....well....changed the presentation and the judges hated it.....you got to try something different sometime, but it wasn't what they were looking for....even at that, the taste and tenderness wasn't good enough to make much more of a difference.......

Congrats Team Q on a consistant effort.....to be honest, to be a small contest, there were some pretty damn tough competition there....
And for our first appearance of the cooking season.....we're happy with it.

Bellybro
05-22-2006, 07:28 AM
We had fun, we got our named called, the margarita machine was running and the beer was flowing. The weather was awesome and Spice got a pink ribbon. What more could a guy ask for?

Oh , and the diddler got a new chimney!!!

Jeff_in_KC
05-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Spice got a pink ribbon??? Cute!

MoKanMeathead
05-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Way to go guys!!

Arlin_MacRae
05-22-2006, 09:50 AM
All right!

Bellybro
05-22-2006, 11:21 AM
BTW, Jay cooked an awesome fatty Friday night that was done at the perfect time in the evening. It was awesome! Stuffed and everything!

So before any of you other farkers start it.

Bellybro likes Jays fatty! Pass it on!

spicewine
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Yum!! Italian sausage stuffed with Green Pepper, Vidailia Onion, Sliced Black Olive and Mozzerella cheese. Sorry no pix

Solidkick
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Yep! LOL We turned in the wrong brisket...how do I know? I'm eatting the other on for lunch!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kcquer
05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Just thought I would point out that in addition to their 1st place chicken the Belly Bros also placed 6th overall. Great Job Team Q and Bellly Bros!!

MilitantSquatter
05-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Solid job Spice and our two Belly Brothers !!!! 1st place chicken is real nice !!! 4th and 6th overall are not too shabby.