PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina BBQ classes

olflathead
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Anyone know of a BBQ cooking class located in NC for 2014? If so do u have any thoughts on this particular class. Thanks

SITM BBQ
12-15-2013, 06:43 PM
None in nc that I know of. Going to be one in sc next year. It's not official yet but I am sure it's going to be announced soon.

bbq.tom
12-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are wanting a KCBS cooking class then you are out of luck in NC, but if you are looking at a more general BBQ cooking class then I'd recommend the NCBS BBQ Bootcamp (held three times a year by the North Carolina Barbecue Society). I took the Bootcamp at Sugar Mountain last July and really enjoyed it. Definitely NOT KCBS, but informational and fun anyway.

awscwi
12-16-2013, 12:40 AM
SITM BBQ,

Can you expand on the classes is SC ?

cpw
12-16-2013, 07:36 AM
There's 3 in SC that I know of...http://www.carolinaoutdoorcooking.com/ in Columbia, http://carolinapitmasters.com/Info___Register_OU8E.php in Summerville, and the new "Southern Q Ultimate BBQ School", also in Columbia: http://www.scribd.com/doc/191022376/2014-BBQ-Class

Big GQ
12-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the mention, Chad. We like to think we offer an economically viable option to the BBQ class world without compromising on the quality of the instructions. Our focus is on the participants and the BBQ. Not only is our one day format filled with Ribs, Pork, Brisket, rubs and sauces, in 2014 we are adding sections on starting a BBQ team and BBQ Judging. At $275 per person, we like to say it is the best bang for your BBQ buck. http://www.carolinaoutdoorcooking.com

BMerrill
12-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Redneck Scientific maybe doing a class in the spring. If on FB, like them to keep up to date.

SITM BBQ
12-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Killer b's is going to do a class in Charlotte nc actually, thought they were doing it down in sc. Should be a good class. They are great cooks as ome from the rod gray school. There will be three teams total putting the class on but not sure who the other two are yet.

SITM BBQ
12-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Well it changed again. I just got this for you, see below.

The Southern Q Ultimate BBQ Class schedule. Columbia SC Farmers Market (state of the art kitchen) January 31- Feb1, Calhoun Ga February 14-15, Smyrna Tennessee February 28- March 1. 1-6 on Friday and 6-4 Sat until all questions are answered. Killer B's has cooked in 32 sanctioned contests ( 27 kcbs and three other sanctioning bodies) and finished top 10 overall in everyone of them. If you want to win, consistency is the key and we have proven our worth. Don't miss this great opportunity to be a consistent winner!

cpw
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Killer b's is going to do a class in Charlotte nc actually, thought they were doing it down in sc. Should be a good class. They are great cooks as ome from the rod gray school. There will be three teams total putting the class on but not sure who the other two are yet.

The other 2 teams are que'n stew'n and brew'n, and swiggin pigs. It'd be a great class if I had an extra grand laying around.

Pole D
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
The other 2 teams are que'n stew'n and brew'n, and swiggin pigs. It'd be a great class if I had an extra grand laying around.

Yeah I'd love to take the class as well. But a grand, dang.

Market Hunter
12-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Redneck Scientific maybe doing a class in the spring. If on FB, like them to keep up to date.

Nah, too much going on in the Spring/Summer. Most likely again in the Fall of 2014 when competitions and catering settles down It is not a competition class though! The class is a basic bbq class geared at folks just wanting to make better than average backyard bbq on a variety of smokers.

I am guessing this is not what the OP is looking for.

cpw
12-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I Just remembered another class in SC....Up in Smoke is doing a whole hog class in McConnell SC on January 18, 2014. He's also teaching his rib techniques. Email is upinsmoke@comporium.net