PDA

View Full Version : An Early Christmas present. Thank you!

chambersuac
12-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Mike, Mike, Mike,

What can I say except, "Thank you?" I received a package from OakRidge BBQ with a variety of your rubs. If the others are as good as your HDD, my family and I will be in "BBQ heaven". The HDD will be heating us up in this cold TX winter. LOL.

By the way, in the last thread I was commenting on, I was not hinting for you to send me freebees. I was hinting for Guerry too. LOL. j/k Guerry.

Anyway, thank you so much. God's blessings and Merry Christmas.

P.S. The package was a great spirit booster after a bad week or two. Thanks,again.

peeps
12-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Awesome! I just started trying the Oakridge stuff and the 3 I have are all winners!

deguerre
12-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Oooooooooo...OOOOOOOOO!!! Cool!!! Got pics? :-D Take pics! :thumb:

chambersuac
12-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Pics are coming later, Lord willing...and wife willng :)

nucornhusker
12-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Mike seems like one helluva guy. Enjoy the rubs, Dan.

chambersuac
12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Here's a picture of the bounty of goods that Mike sent me. I can't wait to get into them...

Wampus
12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better guy Dan! :thumb:

I LOVE that Black Ops brisket rub!

deguerre
12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
What Kempis said! :-D:thumb::thumb:

peeps
12-09-2013, 01:47 PM
I LOVE that Black Ops brisket rub!Yep! I used it for the first time on my PSB over the weekend and it is definitely a winner!

kcmike
12-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks Dan. Glad you got the package OK. However, I cannot, and will not, take the credit. I was approached by several Brethren who wished to send you a care package. I humbly obliged (and added in a few extra for good measure...) I won't go into detail on how the deal went down, suffice to say God had his mighty hand in it for sure! :thumb:

kcmike
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Pics are coming later, Lord willing...and wife willng :)

Isn't it funny how those two things seem to always be inexorably connected... :becky:

deguerre
12-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Isn't it funny how those two things seem to always be inexorably connected... :becky:
Truer words were never typed. :becky:

chambersuac
12-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Well, Mike thanks for letting me know that others had a hand in the package. Any chance you can tell me who? Either way, in case they are reading this, THANK Y'ALL!!!

I really can't wait to use them...of course, I probably won't be able to actually cook with them because I can't stand. However, soon my wife and/or kids will be acting as my hands and feet in the preparation of some OakRidge BBQ :)

God's blessings to all reading this - and Merry Christmas!

mytmouz
12-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Here's a picture of the bounty of goods that Mike sent me. I can't wait to get into them...

That is a stand up thing all of you did. WishI had been a part of it. I have bought some of the same rubs, and received some more recently in a side trade. You will be pleased Chambers...

IamMadMan
12-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Chambersuac,

Wish I had known to take part in this as well, but you have comfort knowing your other friends were thinking about you.

As far as Mike, I cannot say enough kind things about him and his efforts to help others.

deguerre
12-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Well, Mike thanks for letting me know that others had a hand in the package. Any chance you can tell me who? Either way, in case they are reading this, THANK Y'ALL!!!

I really can't wait to use them...of course, I probably won't be able to actually cook with them because I can't stand. However, soon my wife and/or kids will be acting as my hands and feet in the preparation of some OakRidge BBQ :)

God's blessings to all reading this - and Merry Christmas!

Mike's not tellin'. He was sworn to secrecy. :becky:

TrueBlueEagle
12-10-2013, 08:11 AM
This thread should be a true testament to what BBQ in general and specifically the brethren is all about. Dont know any of you guys personally, and I'm reasonably new here, but seems like a stand up community!

chambersuac
12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
TrueBlueEagle, welcome to the Brethren. You are so right about this place. We take care of our own - and others :) If you want a good example, go to Discussion and Reflection and read the "sticky" titled, "Chambers" at the top. It's one more example of how this place rocks.

Guerry, I kinda figured you were in on this and you've confirmed it. Wanna give up any other names?

God bless you guys! Merry Christmas to all and to all blue smoke!