PDA

View Full Version : Great beginners competition/class

Hoorenga
05-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Don't get too excited, that is unless you live way out her in the Pacific North West. Our long time friend Jim Minion just clued me into a very exciting opportunity. There will be a special all day class that will also involve judging by certified BBQ judges as well. It will cover chicken, ribs and brisket and I am sure a lot of theory on everything involved in the art of BBQ. I unfortunately was a day late and a dollar short last year so I'm getting my registration in early. The fee is $50 and it covers the meat and charcoal for a full days worth of cooking. It starts at 6 AM and ends at 6 PM. Should be able to glean a lot of information in that amount of time. I'm pumped. It will be nice to see Jim again also. I would say that if you are within a couple of hundred miles of this event it would be worth your effort to attend. And by the way, this is my first post in the competition section since I joined. I'll let you know how I do. PM me if you are going to attend. Here is the link:

http://www.wbbqa.com/forums/calendar...tinfo&e=36&c=1

Hoorenga
05-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that it will be held in the parking lot of the Centralia, Washington Wall Mart. That's about mid way between Seattle and Portland.

icemn62
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
August 8

Hoo the clsass is on August 5th

http://www.wbbqa.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=36&c=1

Link works for me.

chad
05-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Iceman's link works...and it is indeed the 5th of August. I'm cleaning up the broken thread posts.

Hoorenga
05-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks, I think I have officially reached the age of senility. I thought I wouldn't miss my mind when it went because I never used it for much but it's the little details that screw you up. Last night I took the handlebars off of my motorcycle and set the large center bolt down right next to the bike some where. I spent the next four hours cleaning the garage looking for it. After I had everyting cleaned up and a new overhead light installed I sat down on the bike to just enjoy a quiet moment and apreciate my efforts. I looked down by my leg and there was the nut wedged in one of the fins of the motor. Gods way of telling me I need to slow down.

icemn62
05-12-2006, 01:01 PM
We have all been there Hoo, or we are headed there.

Anyboddy know if this type of class is taught in the So California area? Sounds like a great class, and a fantastic way to spend a day. Ought to shoot a link to the wife as a father's day present....