PDA

View Full Version : Harpoon Contest Full already. Bummer.....

Sawdustguy
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I tried to register for Harpoon today and I see that they are full already. Bummer!!! Well, looks like we will be doing Hudson Valley instead.

BBQchef33
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
they were full 4 weeks ago when we tried.

LostNation
05-08-2006, 05:13 AM
I think Harpoon is one of the toughest contests to get into. The applications go out to previous years competitors and a week later they go out to teams on the waiting list. I think there were about 40 teams on the waiting list for about ten spots. When I got my application I filled it out and Fed-Ex'ed it to them and I think there were 20 teams already signed up.

Sawdustguy
05-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Whats really funny is that we emailed and called them in mid February and the application showed up in the mail two weeks ago. We immediately sent it in and it was returned.

Yakfishingfool
05-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Glad to hear you;re coming to Hudson valley. My neck of the woods. Hopet o see you there. Scott

lunchlady
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I also e-mailed Fitz in February, and I was told the exact same thing. As Rich said, they send out apps to the previous year's teams, and then one short week later they send them out to everyone else that has expressed an interest. I got mine late Friday (as a returning team) and Fed-Ex'd it right back early Monday because I was STILL nervous that we would miss out. It can happen that fast with this event. I personnally think there is plenty of room for more teams, but it is totally Harpoon's call. It still is a fantastic event to go to and hang out and eat good BBQ and drink good beer. Just a side note...Ascutney ski resort is about 15 minutes away and they usually run a good deal for a weekend stay (with jacuzzi rooms) and two day passes in to the event. And....I hear they still need a few judges...