PDA

View Full Version : Judging inconsistency's

Ford
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM
I've seen tons of posts here about problems and what we need to do about it. Well I've had a couple days not feeling well and watching ESPN. Just this weekend there were multiple calls that might not have been right. On the brooks hit on Bree's clearly his arm made contact with the face mask. In the old days not a call but today every time. Amazing how many talking heads don't think so. Is it a 9 or a 6? Sound familiar. Now look at instant replay at the end of the patriots game in slow mo 50 times and I say interference. But flag was picked up on the field as there's no replay. One ref said 5 the others said 9. As there can only be one decision the majority rules. In BBQ we count all judges input.

Referees get paid big salaries for making calls. Judges spend their money to come out. There's lots of reasons for low or high scores including a judge having a bad day. I'd say we need to give judges a break until sports can get high paid refs to always make the right call.

Podge
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Why do you care? You're 'retired'..

Besides, ref's get paid a ton of money, I agree. But those players get paid a hell of a lot more. A lot of those rules are intended to save from injuries and even lives, and to make that game worth millions of dollars fair.. I don't give a crap if a judge has a bad day or not. Most judges are great, decent hard working, mean well people, there's the few that are not.

This is just BBQ, you're trying to compare apples to footballs. We pay upwards of a $1,000+ to compete, all we want is to be judged as fairly as possible. Ball players and refs are PAID TO COMPETE!

71-South
11-20-2013, 03:55 PM
I wonder which rule equates to 3/4 of Denver's offense being based on illegal pick plays.

Sincerely,
Die hard Chiefs fan stinging from getting curb stomped by the Donkeys.

TooSaucedToPork
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
And you don't think a ref that keeps making bad calls doesn't have a review?

They continuously make bad calls...they no longer get to make calls. The league removes them.

Podge
11-20-2013, 04:21 PM
And you don't think a ref that keeps making bad calls doesn't have a review?

They continuously make bad calls...they no longer get to make calls. The league removes them.

Good point!.. besides, don't NFL reps have to prove themselves first in college, high school, etc.. before they make it to the PRO'S!!...

BTW, I have no idea about sports.. I choose to live vicariously thru myself :becky:

columbia1
11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
In football, at least you can get an instant review!!

JD McGee
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Apples and oranges...:decision:

Jason TQ
11-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Apples and oranges...:decision:

More like Apples and Platypus........

Though apple platypus could be delicious :twitch:

FatCoyote
11-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Burp!!

EverettBBQ
11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I cook.
I judge.
Most people beat them selfs.
Put out consistently good turn in boxes, you will win.
A good football team puts out consistently good plays, they will win.
Good or bad calls.
Love BBQ