PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mike

cmohr74
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Veterans Day is a day of remembering the men and women who protected you, me, and our families while serving in the United States Armed Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces). Remember that when you order Black Ops Rub, 10% of the proceeds goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thanks Mike and God Bless!

I actually have an employee who was wounded while serving, but not in a way most would think. He toured in Iraq and it has taken a major mental toll on him. He recently has been having major flashbacks from all he saw over there and I can't even pretend to know what he was going through or what he saw. I know some stories about shrapnel being removed from his neck and back and more than one occasion. I got a call from a concerned citizen who said he was swerving from lane to lane and almost hit a telephone pole. I was able to call him and figure out what was going on and get him to pull over. At the time all he saw was shrapnel coming his way and he was trying to avoid it. He called someone to pick him up and we logistically got his van back to one of our warehouses. I have 2 other service technicians working overtime to cover his territory while he's getting some help. Another drove 200+ miles just to have lunch with him so that he could let him know that he was there anytime he needed to talk because he had been through the same thing. For all our veterans did for us, do yourself a favor and take 2 minutes to walk over to a veteran, the family of a veteran and let them know that you support what they do. Sorry for the rant, just thankful for all that can recognize the little things like Mike is doing, to help soldiers.

Also, don't forget you Game Changer Brine and Oakridge Rubs for Turkey Day.

fingerlickin'
11-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Well said Dan, I wish your employee all the best.

Oakridge rocks! :thumb:

Kave Dweller
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Veterans Day is a day of remembering the men and women who protected you, me, and our families while serving in the United States Armed Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces). Remember that when you order Black Ops Rub, 10% of the proceeds goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thanks Mike and God Bless!

I actually have an employee who was wounded while serving, but not in a way most would think. He toured in Iraq and it has taken a major mental toll on him. He recently has been having major flashbacks from all he saw over there and I can't even pretend to know what he was going through or what he saw. I know some stories about shrapnel being removed from his neck and back and more than one occasion. I got a call from a concerned citizen who said he was swerving from lane to lane and almost hit a telephone pole. I was able to call him and figure out what was going on and get him to pull over. At the time all he saw was shrapnel coming his way and he was trying to avoid it. He called someone to pick him up and we logistically got his van back to one of our warehouses. I have 2 other service technicians working overtime to cover his territory while he's getting some help. Another drove 200+ miles just to have lunch with him so that he could let him know that he was there anytime he needed to talk because he had been through the same thing. For all our veterans did for us, do yourself a favor and take 2 minutes to walk over to a veteran, the family of a veteran and let them know that you support what they do. Sorry for the rant, just thankful for all that can recognize the little things like Mike is doing, to help soldiers.

Also, don't forget you Game Changer Brine and Oakridge Rubs for Turkey Day.

Well said Dan

kcmike
11-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Thank you Dan, for the very thoughtful post.