PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Richland Pig Fest

wrenfro12
11-04-2013, 08:43 AM
GBA does not do many backyard events so I don't do many GBA events. This will by my first and only GBA event this year. I will be headed down on Friday morning.

I have never been to Richland, Ga so if anyone knows anything about this event be sure to let me know.

Any other Brethren going?

rtboswell
11-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Richland is TINY. I used to pick a work colleague up in Richland on the way down to Valdosta and all I remember is farmland and well not much else. Good luck.

What else are you cooking this year?

HUCKS
11-05-2013, 01:12 PM
we will be there cooking. the gba has a good group of teams that cook.they will help you anyway they can.look us up when you get there if you need anything

olewarthog
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Richland always puts on a great contest. It may be a small town, but they really turn out for the Pig Fest. You'll find lots of friendly & helpful teams at a GBA contest. If you have any questions or if I can help in any way, just let me know.

wrenfro12
11-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Quick question for All you GBA people.....

Should Pork and Ribs be cooked to same tenderness I would do for a KCBS event?

olewarthog
11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Having never judged in KCBS, I can't say for certain, but I would expect it to be similar. Pork should be pull apart easily but have consistency (ie: not mushy) Judges will pull as well as squeeze pork to test for consistency. It should have a good chew. Ribs should separate cleanly from the bone with a slight tug.