PDA

View Full Version : Macs Speed Shop Charlotte Nc

wnkt
10-31-2013, 11:13 AM
I finally got around to visiting Macs Speed Shop in Charlotte's South End on Tuesday...parking sucks unless I missed some extra parking hidden somewhere.
This is a more upscale biker bar that has BBQ...what I had was pretty good
This is the Brisket "Platter" I put that in quotes because it wasnt that big..( big price though, $16)
I had to take a bit first to test it before I took the picture, the brisket was tender and had very good flavor. I was kinda surprised that I only had 3 slices, but then I saw that they were about a half inch thick each
The mac and cheese was yawwwwwwnnnnn... the beans were just a step above the "right from the can" variety nothing to write home about
The bread was a travesty! something named Texas Toast should be more than dry bread waved in the general vicinity of a toaster and some butter and there may have been some garlic in the joint, but you couldnt prove it to me by the bread.
The bar has a lot of Micro Brew beer ( and a good looking barmaid too who could sell me anything :becky:)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/wnkt/c657bee9-e000-4e7a-b7bd-77319b416cec.jpg

wnkt
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Their Banana Puddin was VERY good... best Ive had away from Mommas.
It was COLD! and the nilla wafers were very crunchy...they werent inside the pudding, but stuck in the top right before bringing it out.
The speed of the food coming out was almost better than going to some "Fast food" places

a small aside about the good looking barmaid....she was very friendly and introduced herself and shook my hand... had a better grip than some guys

lantern
10-31-2013, 12:00 PM
That's about exactly what my experience at Mac's was to the tee! Thanks for sharing!

Garrett
10-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Yep same here. The smoked turkey is about the best thing they have.

On another note, I've cooked directly beside them in two comps and they are some of the finest folks to hang out with. Very cool group of guys!!

MilitantSquatter
11-07-2013, 08:07 PM
That summary and pic matches my experience in the Cornelius location.

Stingerhook
11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
So where is the pic of the barmaid.

krek
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Exact same experience we had there a couple of years ago right down to the lack of parking.