PDA

View Full Version : hauling a smoker

IowaWildHogsBbq
10-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Alright don't think I am crazy. I currently have a camper that I take to comps I was plannimg trading it for a toy hauler. Well I found a tommy lift that is made for light duty trucks would I be nuts using one of these to load the cooker? By the way the cooker weighs around 650 lbs. Anyone else have any ideas on how to haul this cooker without a toyhauler?

Untraceable
10-29-2013, 07:55 PM
How much is the lift going to weigh? Smoker, lift, and tongue weight is probably going to bottom even a 3/4 ton

FatCoyote
10-29-2013, 08:54 PM
tow it behind the trailer on a little trailer....just a thought. Then your toy hauler can haul a pole for the girls and a bar for you to tip from....

Gerrit_Boys
10-29-2013, 09:27 PM
You could take a look at the rear axle weight rating on your truck. Those lift gates are pretty heavy and with the cooker and everything else in the truck you may not have much room for the tongue weight of the camper. Its a cool idea if it'll work though!

NRA4Life
10-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Lets say you do what you're planning, and like anything mechanical...the tommy lift is subject to malfunction. What is the plan to either load or unload the smoker in the event the tommy lift is non-operational? If you bought a toy hauler, what would you be relying on to load or unload the smoker?