PDA

View Full Version : Comp battle wagon material question?

Shiz-Nit
10-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Okay to start I will be building (or putting together) a Comp/Catering-on site trailer this winter similar to the pic below. I have located a dealer with this exact trailer more less. I will be mounting my Backwoods Competitor on it as well.

- My question is where can I get storage boxes and a stainless prep table like the one in the pic? To me the box look pre fabricated then just mounted on the trailer.

Also I will be adding a sink, water tank and on demand water heater... AND we may add a Stumps Stretch, R & O or Yoder Pellet Smoker to it as well?

I have always thought this set up was sweet and who ever owns it... I have been wishing it was mine for the last few years...

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae315/limey_photo/DSCN4632.jpg

JimmyDAL
10-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Looks like another of weight and money for a single axle.

JimmyDAL
10-26-2013, 04:58 AM
And lot of weight.....was supposed to be there

Gowan
10-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I think a standard 3500lb axle can take it. Of course if you stuffed the smokers and storage boxes an overload is possible.

garzanium
10-31-2013, 02:31 PM
I agree- esp. a lot of tongue weight as the smoker is up front. With a Backwood however- you can mount dualing backwoods back to back right in the middle or relocate the axle to the back to mount in the back- then add storage weight up front. I have mine on a 10x6 trailer and it rides nice right in the middle of the axle. Nothing fancy like this--just a trailer

landarc
10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
The table is most likely fabricated for the trailer. The boxes look a lot like the modular utility boxes you see on utility bed trucks. I would think you can find them from one of those guys.

FullMoonBBQ
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
That was my trailer for some time. I had diamond c trailer build the trailer and a local guy fabbed the storage box for me. I was lucky to have the guy locally that builds underbody boxes for flatbeds that did it for me. Talk Texan bbq rubs (Phillip Luan) owns the trailer now.it weighed 3000lbs. fully loaded. and was balanced pretty well tongue weight was not bad at all. by the way lookTalk Texan Rubs up. Several top 10 calls in pork using his spicey honey rub at royal invitational and open. Not to mention top calls at other events!!
http://www.talktexanbbq.com/rubs/