PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Cincinnati

noclss2000
10-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone! I'm fairly new to the whole bbq fun. I lived in a condo for six years so I was not allowed to own anything other than an electric "grill." I bought a house last September and the first thing I did was went out and ordered a charcoal grill. I ended up getting this guy: http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=404332-95393-MFJ576PNC&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3878740&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

So far, I've been pretty happy with it. Due to it allowing me to do indirect heating, I've been able to do a couple briskets, a pork shoulder and about a half dozen pork ribs. Most have came out really well, I'm still learning ribs though. I think I'm not leaving them on long enough and they are still a tad tough, although flavorful. I think my only complaint is that I can lose heat very fast since it is not insulated, which is how I found this forum when looking into finding a way to insulate the grill.

Ultimately, I want to get a larger smoker and maybe get a little heavier into smoking and maybe try a competition for the heck of it. I look forward to learning lots from everyone here as I have seen there are many on here that do competitions and there are competition teams.

frognot
10-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome aboard noclss2000!

Toast
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Welcome!

IamMadMan
10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Welcome aboard noclss2000, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Backfirin' BBQ
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Welcome! and yes try a comp. I have only done one and im hooked. Great people lots of fun.

bluetang
10-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Bill-Chicago
10-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Welcome from the Second City, although I've spent so much time in Cincy, I think of it as the Third City!

My kid was even born there.

Miss Graeters, eat Skyline from a can every few weeks, and still plan on getting the kid back to Kings Island some day.

Welcome!

noclss2000
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Welcome from the Second City, although I've spent so much time in Cincy, I think of it as the Third City!

My kid was even born there.

Miss Graeters, eat Skyline from a can every few weeks, and still plan on getting the kid back to Kings Island some day.

Welcome!
nice!
I used to work Kings Island as a kid, don't really go there much anymore, but I can still hear their fireworks all the way from where I'm at.

bbq.tom
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Greetings and WELCOME from North Carolina, although I was born and grew up around the Dayton area. I miss some stuff from that area! Been down here for 33 years now. Ever get to the Goetta Fest???

This place is a wealth of BBQ knowledge, and if you ever want to find out anything - just ask! Don't worry about asking stupid questions, as we have ALL been newbies at one time or another.

Keep your smoke thin and blue!

noclss2000
10-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Greetings and WELCOME from North Carolina, although I was born and grew up around the Dayton area. I miss some stuff from that area! Been down here for 33 years now. Ever get to the Goetta Fest???

This place is a wealth of BBQ knowledge, and if you ever want to find out anything - just ask! Don't worry about asking stupid questions, as we have ALL been newbies at one time or another.

Keep your smoke thin and blue!
I have not gone, but I guess I goetta go :)

Toast
10-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Welcome!