PDA

View Full Version : Long time listener, First time caller

JIMMYCHOPIT
10-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Okay.... I am going to try this ONE MORE TIME! I was trying to do an intro but for some reason I am internet dumb today.
I am not good at these things, so it will be short/sweet.
JimmyChopIt for Central Ohio, married with 2 kids that are quickly growing up (too fast!)
I am a hotrodder at heart :crazy:, I was raised around all things hotrod and mechanical. I worked factory maintenance for years, turned fabricator, and I currently run a successful independent bodyshop. I have been a griller for most of my adult life and have recently turned smoker thanks to the wife and kids buying me a square upright gas smoker for Father's Day a couple of years ago. After some trial and error, mods and upgrades I now have that contraption running smooth. So being the type of guy that I am, I guess I didn't have enough cooking tools up my sleeve to give me a challenge with (grille, smoker, turkey fryer, firepit) I decided 'Hey I know! I'll build me one of those UDS!' so here I am today. I acquired a 55gal corn syrup barrel with the lovely tan liner and open top and flat lid. After hours of burning, sanding and welding, I now have a squeaky clean bare metal barrel. And since I run a bodyshop...well you know where I am going with this, I don't know how 'UGLY' this UDS will be...
Anyways enough jibber-jabber from me, I'll just post a pic of this thing as progress is made on it.

93vpmod
10-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Great looking UDS...love the handle!

Welcome!

Ron_L
10-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Welocme to the asylum!

Tell us a little about yourself!

JIMMYCHOPIT
10-23-2013, 08:51 AM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381434_613650955340748_1952335306_n.jpg

IamMadMan
10-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Welcome aboard JimmyChopit, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Interesting UDS you have there, I like the handles.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Backfirin' BBQ
10-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Welcome!

bluetang
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

JIMMYCHOPIT
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I posted a thread in Q-Talk titled Big and Ugly? with pics of my UDS, check it out.
I have been a reader on here for a long time now, just finally realized that I should sign up as a member. Seems like a great bunch of people on here that share a love for cooking and helping each other with our hobby:thumb: