PDA

View Full Version : Headed for Washington DC

scottyd
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey I am going to Washington DC for USDA labeling conference, any Q joints that are worth trying? All my nights after 5pm are free so I can explore, never been there before so here we go.

Scott D

Ron_L
04-22-2006, 09:21 AM
USDA Labeling Conference, huh? Sounds thrilling :-D

I haven't spent much time in DC proper, but in the western 'burbs (McLean, Tyson's Corner and further out, I haven't found any Q worth eating. There are so many good restaurants in the DC area that you are probably better off looking for other types of food. Maybe Troutman or someone closer can point you to good Q, but I don't know of any.

BrooklynQ
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
I've herad good things about Red, Hot and Blues but have no idea where in DC it is.

scottyd
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I will look for it. just found out late friday that I am going to this thing. wow last minute tickets are a killer. I arrive in DC sunday april 23 yeah tomorrow at 1pm with nothing to do until morning. so I have lots of time to explore.

Scott d

scottyd
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM
could not find it, Red Hot and Blues anyway. DC was very intresting. great time.

chad
04-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Get to Roy's Place in Gaithersburg, MD, (northside just outside of the District)...it's not que but great sandwiches and attitude!! "If you'll stop stealing our menus, we'll stop slashing your tires!"

2 E. Diamond Avenue
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877 Phone: (301) 948-5548
Fax: (301) 948-4840

http://www.roysplacerestaurant.com/index.html

We stopped by last spring when visiting the DC area. We used to eat at Roy's Place, Too up in Colombia, MD, when I was stationed at Ft. Meade. Same food (excellent in my opinion) and the orginal place in Gaithersburg has a certain funkiness that I really like.