PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question...but...

Branded BBQ
10-15-2013, 09:50 AM
New member to the forum here, and although I've smoked for many years, I've just recently decided to pursue a goal set years ago and look to enter competition BBQ. I'm currently building a custom RF smoker just for that purpose, which I have a thread showing the building as I get a chance to work on it.
I'm hoping by early part of 2014 to get into my first competition, with other competitions following as I get a chance to split time with work....a very busy band...and bbq.
So, my question here is...to end my babble.... I've looked at the Brethren banners, and really want to order a team banner, but I don't want to violate any rules or anything here with the Brethren forum. As long as I'm an active member...it is okay for me to hang one on my tent, isn't it? Or do I have to have been a member for a certain length of time? Again, this is probably a ridiculous question, but I certainly don't want to breach any rules and misrepresent the Brethren in any way. Thanks for the answers in advance.

Wampus
10-15-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't know of any rules whatsoever about who is allowed to or not allowed to fly a banner. Heck, I don't think there's any rule being broken by a NON member flying a Brethren Banner.

You can get a "generic" BBQ Brethren banner without a team name or you can get one with a team name. Either way, it's your banner to do with as you see fit.

If you pay for it, fly it. Simple as that.

ShencoSmoke
10-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Check this thread out. There is a link to the MABA website where there is some more info.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158931
and then check out the thread link for post #4

landarc
10-15-2013, 10:38 AM
There is a set if simple rules for flying The Brethren colors, a custom banner comes with additional expectations. In both cases, the primary thing is to be of good character and to reflect the values if the site.

Ron_L
10-15-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't know of any rules whatsoever about who is allowed to or not allowed to fly a banner. Heck, I don't think there's any rule being broken by a NON member flying a Brethren Banner.

You can get a "generic" BBQ Brethren banner without a team name or you can get one with a team name. Either way, it's your banner to do with as you see fit.

If you pay for it, fly it. Simple as that.

You should review this information...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24666

:becky: :becky: :becky:

Branded BBQ
10-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Ok...Thanks a bunch...all of you. I guess the tenure thing is my holdup primarily, but won't be by the time I'm ready for my first competition...so I'll wait until closer to order so I'll have that covered. Again, was probably a strange question in the grand scheme of things, but I surely didn't want to come here and step on any toes or break any rules, so had to ask first. Appreciate the info!!