PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm Ben and I cook BBQ

ANerdThatBBQs
10-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Good Evening!

My name is Ben and I am a member of Nerds that BBQ, a competition team from Huntsville, Alabama. I was recently looking for some product and a quick search led me to this site. I joined a few weeks ago but finally have had a chance to post!

As I said, I'm from Huntsville and me and another member of our team travel around and do competition BBQ. Last competition we went to was in Athens, Georgia where we won 3rd place in our ribs (backyard), 3rd place People's choice and then 4th place team overall! We have another competition coming up this week actually here in Alabama (Cullman BBQ Fest, Oktoberfest) hoping to keep up the good cooking!

I have been smoking meat going on about 3 years now. Before that I had always held a love for the grill then one of my buddy's sold me one of his Weber Smokey Mountains (WSM). It was love at first site. I now have an 18.5, a 22.5 and a Weber one touch for finishing and tough pinches!

Anyways - thanks for having me! See you around!

Ron_L
10-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Welocme to the asylum, Ben!

okiej
10-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Welcome!

BadInfBob
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Welcome. Have fun.

IamMadMan
10-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome aboard Ben, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

bluetang
10-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

frognot
10-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Welcome aboard Ben!

cowgirl
10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Welcome Ben!

ANerdThatBBQs
10-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Thanks ya'll! I'll be around- just getting competition ready right now. I'll make sure to post up some pictures this weekend!