PDA

View Full Version : Blue Smoke restaurant, NY

bbqmike_ny
10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Finally got a chance to try this place out last night after hearing a lot of good things. All I can say, is wow, their "marbled" brisket was more tender than I thought possible, and I would say that calling the texture "soft" would apply to both the brisket and pull (we ordered a mix of almost everything for the table). I really wanted to try the rib sampler so I could gauge the different styles all at the same time, I like the NC style the best. The beef ribs were the only thing I had small issue with, giant rib, but very little meat on it, good flavor though with just salt and pepper.
Their mac and cheese was so rich and thick, trying to figure out in my head what cheese they used achieve that :) Beans were very good, slaw was average, cornbread was good. Their banana cream pie was very good.

So yeah, got some new standards to try and achieve at home, check this place out if you're in the city. (We went to the one on 27th, there is also one downtown on Vessey).

sliding_billy
10-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a great meal.

AZScott
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Nice! I'm reading a book by one of the owners right now. How would it compare to Brisket town or Mighty Quins?

bbqmike_ny
10-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Nice! I'm reading a book by one of the owners right now. How would it compare to Brisket town or Mighty Quins?

I have not been to either of those places, only to a some ones out here on the island, and it was far and away better then Famous daves or Smokin Al's.