PDA

View Full Version : Maverick ET-732 & ET-733 Waterproof Replacement Probe Made in the USA

5-0 BBQ
10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
We now have Maverick ET-732 & ET-733 Waterproof Replacement Probes that are Made in the USA

YES: You can wash them and get them wet!

This Probe can be used as either a Food Probe or a Smoker Probe

6 Inch Straight Probe
3 Foot Cord

Now on sale! Purchase two probes and save. (http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-Replacement-Probe-Made-USA-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-3-FT.htm)

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/images/1380834347259-570459582.jpeg (http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-Replacement-Probe-Made-USA-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-3-FT.htm)

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/images/1380834352832-1813275675.jpeg (http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-Replacement-Probe-Made-USA-ET-732-ET-733-Waterproof-3-FT.htm)

These only work with the ET-732 and ET-733

This is a BBQ Equipment Store Exclusive Product

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Looks like a great product. Do the probes fit through the Guru eyelets by any chance?

cpw
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Are there plans to do a 6' cord?

5-0 BBQ
10-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Are there plans to do a 6' cord?Yes. It will be eventually.

5-0 BBQ
10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Do the probes fit through the Guru eyelets by any chance?They are the same diameter as the other Maverick Probes. I am not sure if they will fit. I would have to look if we have them at the store to test out.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
10-03-2013, 07:37 PM
They are the same diameter as the other Maverick Probes. I am not sure if they will fit. I would have to look if we have them at the store to test out.

It looks like it has a flat crimp at the wire junction like the original ET-273 one have. That flat crimp won't pass thru the Guru eyelets. The ET-73 had a smaller, rounder crimp which would pass thru eyelets.

5-0 BBQ
10-03-2013, 07:44 PM
It looks like it has a flat crimp at the wire junction like the original ET-273 one have. That flat crimp won't pass thru the Guru eyelets. The ET-73 had a smaller, rounder crimp which would pass thru eyelets.
I am not sure, this is a company here in the US that is making them. If I were to guess the crimp is close to the same size.

5-0 BBQ
10-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I tested it the other day at the store and will not fit in the GURU eyelet.

Pole D
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Looks great! Can't wait for the 6ft version.

peeps
10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Ordered 2!

mrmagloo
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi Steve,

Provided these probes actually hold up, and you can just toss them in the top rack of the dishwasher with no ill-effects, that would be fantastic. Carefully cleaning these little buggers is a PITA. I'm guessing 90% of the damage done is while cleaning.

That said, are these probes made by Maverick? The reason I'm asking is, the probes for by DigiQ DX2 are crappy too, and I'd sure like to updgrade those too. I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?

Lastly, seeing you are into 'improvements', I previously asked Maverick if they had a longer version of the grate probe clip, and got nowhere. When you are doing a couple of big butts on the top rack of the WSM 22.5, there's not much open room near the center of the rack, and this clip is just too close to those big cold hunks of meat and it throughs off the readings.

I fashioned a clip that drops the probe about 3" from the grate and it works fantastic in those conditions. However, a longer stainless version of their clip would be the hot ticket. Any thoughts there? Thanks!

5-0 BBQ
10-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi Steve,

Provided these probes actually hold up, and you can just toss them in the top rack of the dishwasher with no ill-effects, that would be fantastic. Carefully cleaning these little buggers is a PITA. I'm guessing 90% of the damage done is while cleaning.

That said, are these probes made by Maverick? The reason I'm asking is, the probes for by DigiQ DX2 are crappy too, and I'd sure like to updgrade those too. I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?

Lastly, seeing you are into 'improvements', I previously asked Maverick if they had a longer version of the grate probe clip, and got nowhere. When you are doing a couple of big butts on the top rack of the WSM 22.5, there's not much open room near the center of the rack, and this clip is just too close to those big cold hunks of meat and it throughs off the readings.

I fashioned a clip that drops the probe about 3" from the grate and it works fantastic in those conditions. However, a longer stainless version of their clip would be the hot ticket. Any thoughts there? Thanks!

These probes are made by a company here in the US that manufactured them for Maverick. I do not have any plans on improvements for any other brands. My connection to Maverick is that one of my competition teammates is a Vice President at Maverick. We are always talking about new ideas and improvements.

I just asked about putting them in the dishwasher. There should not be a problem. But I will say that they were not tested in a dishwasher. The focus was put on the probe itself. I do not know if any harm can happen to the "jack" plug end if put in the dishwasher repeatedly.

Have you tried mounting your grate clip to the underside of your top rack of the WSM. This will help when you have big meats in the WSM.

ButtBurner
10-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Steve,

I really dont see whats so hard about cleaning the probes. I take the meat probe and run the tip end under hot water and clean it with a brillo pad and rince and wipe it dry. Water does not get close to the crimped wire end.

I do the same with the pit probe when it needs it. I hardly ever clean that probe

Never had an issue

of course these waterproof probes sound great, I will get some when mine fail

Teamfour
10-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Steve,
I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?

Steve, hope I'm not intruding here.

Mrmagloo, I just recently did a lot of research on Maverick and BBQ Guru probes. They use two different technologies to measure temperature, so a single solution probe will never be practical.

Teamfour
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I really dont see whats so hard about cleaning the probes. I take the meat probe and run the tip end under hot water and clean it with a brillo pad and rince and wipe it dry. Water does not get close to the crimped wire end.

I do the same with the pit probe when it needs it. I hardly ever clean that probe

Ditto. I still have all of the original probes from my ET73 and 732 and they work fine. I never clean the pit probes. The food probes get a good wiping down with a clorox wipe immediately after use. They have never seen water or soap. Nobody has died.

mrmagloo
10-29-2013, 09:34 AM
These probes are made by a company here in the US that manufactured them for Maverick. I do not have any plans on improvements for any other brands. My connection to Maverick is that one of my competition teammates is a Vice President at Maverick. We are always talking about new ideas and improvements.

I just asked about putting them in the dishwasher. There should not be a problem. But I will say that they were not tested in a dishwasher. The focus was put on the probe itself. I do not know if any harm can happen to the "jack" plug end if put in the dishwasher repeatedly.

Have you tried mounting your grate clip to the underside of your top rack of the WSM. This will help when you have big meats in the WSM.

Thanks for the reply Steve,

A few others are replying too so I'll hit everything at once.

I am very much aware that the BBQGuru probes are different, hence the question. Seeing Steve sells BBQGuru stuff, I thought he might be encouraged to solve the same problem there as well. As an FYI, the BBQGuru probes are even more expensive and less reliable, so that's an even more pressing issue for me.

On the mounting clip, I must not have been clear enough. Yes, I always mount it on the bottom of the top grate, but as I mentioned, with a crowded grate, I found the probe was being effected with bigger hunks of meat cooling the probes. At first, I was mounting the aligator clip from the DX2 to the Maverick clip and noticed my 225 degree DX2 set temp was resulting in a Dome temp in the 275 to 300 range. It was then I realized what was happening. So I moved it out to about 3" in from the outer edge of the grate, and the opposite happened as the heat coming up the sides were throwing things as well.

As such, I found it is best to mount the clip underneight the dead center of the top grate, but at approx 3" down to avoid the effects of the meat. I made a crude version that works wonderfully temp-wise, but a more elegant factory version would be a great thing. With mine, I can't get that spring so I have to wrap the legs around the grate, or it might fall. Kind of a PITA, to mount quickly for a cook, so I was hoping they could come out with a longer version. That would be helpful too when using both grates to provide a more consistent read between both. It can't be that difficult to make them longer is it? If nothing else, perhaps they can sell me a couple of the raw strips?

On the cleaning, especially with running the pit probes UNDER the meat is why they are getting so dirty. Spritzing certainly doesn't help the food probes either. I carefully clean them the best I can, but they just don't seem to last long. Cleaning 4 of them takes some time as well. Something you can just toss in the dishwasher would be a great thing. Hopefully some day this Mfr will be willing to try making some for the BBQGuru stuff as the problem there is just as bad, if not worse.

Thanks.

5-0 BBQ
10-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Steve, hope I'm not intruding here.

Mrmagloo, I just recently did a lot of research on Maverick and BBQ Guru probes. They use two different technologies to measure temperature, so a single solution probe will never be practical.They are two different animals. Because of my relationship with Maverick this is why we are doing a water resistant probe with Maverick.

laserdoc
11-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Anyone have any reports back from these new probes yet? Have the cured the problem of the past probes and burn out?

peeps
11-27-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm still treating mine as if there was no change...would rather not risk it still and have them last forever than try to test them and have them last just as long or only twice as long as the stock probes.