PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat BBQ Battle (merged)

mm_0_mm
02-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I know there are some Cat fans here, just curious. I am going to try to make it and help a friend of mine.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=235514

bruno
02-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I may be there, but not for the BBQ comp. I hope to be doing my other hobby.:-P

Jeff_in_KC
02-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Yikes! "Judges will consist of local celebrities and university officials."

Good luck guys!

HoDeDo
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
We'll be there - competing and hosting a big bash. Some guys who had a friend/classmate killed will be having thier JB memorial fundraiser... and partying at our site. I imagine we will be in the NE corner of the west lot.

Look for the HoDeDo's and stop by and have a beer. Bruno - if you make it out... stop by also. We will be doing pleanty of your other hobby Im sure.

Insert _____ mod here... Im guessing margarita faceplant mod, or possible. To rat farked to mix football and a BBQ comp mod..... :wink:

Doorbusters
03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
We will be there but I will not be able to compete in Open division. New job will not permit me to be off work Friday. Hope to see you all there.

Team name: Doorbusters

Doorbusters
03-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Just spoke with some people from the University, apparently they have not received much interest, they may cancel BBQ Battle! yikes!!!!!!! I want to win!!!!!!

Doorbusters
04-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Who is gonna be there? Will be competing on Saturday (Tailgate Division).
Farkin work!!!!

mm_0_mm
04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Will be there, as a visitor (and professional beer inspector). :lol:

HoDeDo
04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
:eusa_clap Congrats to Doorbusters for a 3rd place call in the Tailgator division!!!

Great weather, great friends, and perfect BBQ conditions made for a killer weekend. The JB Memorial Tailgate fundraiser went off well also. Who knew 50 cases of beer could disappear so fast. :twisted:

Our second outing of the season was marginal from a competition perspective - 8th in Brisket, 14th Overall. My second place pork last week, was only good for 26th this week. Must be the local celebs/university officials that they used for judges.... Must have smelled a Jayhawk in thier lot.:wink:

Doorbusters
04-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks HodeDo, you are right on the weather, if it could stay that way all summer!!!!!! By the way, I think you got robbed, that second judge had no clue what goos cue is. If they were the same judges, #2 also nailed me!

The_Kapn
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a great event overall!
Congrats to those that scored well.

Never can tell about those judges......:lol:
I do know that when they score us well, they are a lot more intelligent than when they slam-dunk us :lol:

TIM

qman
04-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a great event overall!
Congrats to those that scored well.

Never can tell about those judges......:lol:
I do know that when they score us well, they are a lot more intelligent than when they slam-dunk us :lol:

TIM

Ain't it ever so.:lol:

KState_Fan
04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
This was my first competition and I had a blast. I took 7th in Pork so I was extremely happy.

The weather was fantastic with only a mild breeze to keep things nice. Congratulations to all the others that competed.

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Congrats on the pork success!

mm_0_mm
04-24-2006, 06:59 PM
My buddy and his ribs (and my pants leg) made the front page of the K-State newspaper:

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=10071

He took second in pork.