PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bellingham, WA

Schilc19
09-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Built a cinder block smoker this summer. Loved manning the fire and sitting around the smoke and fire all day. Finally decided to buy a smoker that I could leave for more then 30 minutes. After three weeks of research and lots of browsing I decided to buy a Rec Tec pellet smoker. I love my smoker. I have used it every weekend since I've bought it. I would love to build a smoker out of propane tanks or old barrels. I read a ton and I'm constantly trying to come up with new flavors. Due to all the smoking I do my co workers get a lot of food. I hope next year to compete in a competition. I look forward to hearing from all of my fellow smokers. One last note. I do not have a mentor. I've taught myself everything off of reading articles, reading books, and watching YouTube. I joined here to get more advice and learn more. Thanks brothers and sisters

frognot
09-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Welcome aboard Schilc19!

bluetang
09-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

funugy
09-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Glad to see more from WA. Welcome to the site.

IamMadMan
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Welcome aboard Schilc19, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope you have great cooks with your new smoker.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum.

Tonybel
10-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the site....

BadInfBob
10-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Welcome. Like you, I do a lot of research and I'm pretty much self-taught. You'll really like this group. Lots of helpful people with with great information.