PDA

View Full Version : New Smoker From California

derrickhokit
09-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am very happy to be a part of this forum. I figured I would let you all know a little about me. :)

I am a 25 year old software engineer from the Central Coast of CA. I am married with two children. I am new to smoking , but have been BBQ'ing since I could stand.

I have a MasterBuilt 30 digital model. I am hoping to expand further a some point but this is my start for now. So far I have made chicken thighs and a pork shoulder and am amazed with the quality and taste that can come so easily from this.

I plan to start cold smoking or at least low temp smoking sausage and such. Any recommendations on that? I know the MES 30 does not Smoke well below 180 degrees from what I have read.

Thanks in advance to everyone, and thanks for letting me be a part of the forum!

BASSER
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome Derrick. I havent done any cold smoking but your in the right place to find out. The wealth of Brethern knowledge is second to none:-D

SmokinJohn
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Hello!

Everything you want to know about the art is here for the asking or browsing. google cold smoker at the bottom of this page, and see what I mean!

Welcome!

bluetang
09-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

IamMadMan
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome aboard Derrick, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum.

As far as your question; I belive you can smoke at 100 in your MasterBuilt 30, but you can also cold smoke with a cardboard box with the use of an A-Maze-N pellet smoker.