PDA

View Full Version : Blowin' Smoke - Savannah, GA

CErnst
09-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Last year my wife and I went to Savannah, GA for our 5yr anniversary. While we were travelling, we stopped in a number of spots. Blowin' Smoke was one that stuck out as really good.

I got the pulled pork and my wife (from TX) got the brisket. She thought hers was good, not amazing, but still good. My pork, I didn't think had much seasoning, but I could taste the smoke in it. I'm not a slaw on my bbq guy, so I asked for my sandwich w/o slaw. What amazed me about the place was their sauces. They had one that had the consistency/texture of applesauce and was a bit sweet. They swear there was no apples in it. After i finished my sandwich, I was eating it straight...it was good. If I'm in the area, I'll go back again.

cpw
09-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Blowin' Smoke moved a little further south, and are now called "Blowin Smoke Cantina." I haven't been to the new location, but Bub-ba-Q is in the process of opening up a restaurant in the old Blowin' Smoke location. I hope it's as good as they make it appear on TV.

bbq.tom
09-27-2013, 08:18 AM
If you are looking for some "down-home, Old South, Country Cooking, try Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House! GREAT food and LOTS of it!!! (served family style so you eat until you can't eat anything else (then they bring you dessert!)! Long line to get in, but fully worth it!!!