PDA

View Full Version : looks like Q's the new thing around here

rookiedad
04-13-2006, 01:07 PM
this is a heads up to the long island brethren. a new bbq place is opening up in what used to be goodfella's bar and grill across main street from the brickhouse brewery in patchogue. this bbq wave is really starting to pick up some steam. does anyone else have any information on it?
phil

Sledneck
04-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I havent heard about that place but up the road from me in bellmore on bellmore avenue at the old smithville restaurant they are opening "lauras bbq shack" texas bbq it says on sign http://laurasbbq.com/aboutuslauras.html

On another note not exactly que i went to dinner this evening to a southern food place in carle place called LL Dent on old country road. Food was real good and not very expensive. The only thing i didnt like was my brisket which was supposed smoked but no smoke ring wasnt bad had a brown gravy on it. The corn bread was awesome. My wife loved the spicy chicken wings . The owner was always around and real friendly. The desert a hot banana custard type thingy was to die for. Overall real good, i would go back> We were stuffed when we left and dinner for two was $34 http://www.lldent.com/menu/ actually after reading menu it says slow roaster i wanted to believe it was slow smoked

BrooklynQ
04-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Laura and her husband competed at Grill Kings a couple of years back. Pretty good ribs, not outstanding but good. Restaurant should be interesting

Sledneck
04-14-2006, 09:43 AM
I hope its good being that it is a 1/4 mile from my house and with my wife having gone back to work in the last year we have eating out more often

MilitantSquatter
08-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I havent heard about that place but up the road from me in bellmore on bellmore avenue at the old smithville restaurant they are opening "lauras bbq shack" texas bbq it says on sign http://laurasbbq.com/aboutuslauras.html

On another note not exactly que i went to dinner this evening to a southern food place in carle place called LL Dent on old country road. Food was real good and not very expensive. The only thing i didnt like was my brisket which was supposed smoked but no smoke ring wasnt bad had a brown gravy on it. The corn bread was awesome. My wife loved the spicy chicken wings . The owner was always around and real friendly. The desert a hot banana custard type thingy was to die for. Overall real good, i would go back> We were stuffed when we left and dinner for two was $34 http://www.lldent.com/menu/ actually after reading menu it says slow roaster i wanted to believe it was slow smoked

I was craving some good food, especially BBQ tonight but did not feel like cooking after working on my sprinkler system all afternoon.. So, I took my wife and daughter out...

My plan was to go to Laura's BBQ Roadhouse as mentioned above, the closest place to us. To my surprise, I passed by and it was not open. I'm not sure if it was not ready yet, closed down permanently or just closed on the weekends. It looked bare.

So, with little options in the immediate area, being hungry, and no desire for Famous Dave's, I recalled the Newsday review of LL Dent, the Southern food restaurant in Carle Place that Sledneck reviewed as well. After I got home, I checked the website and saw that the chef/owner was the personal chef of Eddie Murphy at one time with real roots in Georgia.

So, we had a great meal. The place was not that large but every table was in use but there was no wait. The service was excellent and very friendly. The food was terrific.

We started with cornbread. Very fresh & hot and tasted great. Then had an appetizer of the Fried Green Tomatoes (fried in cornmeal). Cooked perfectly... Not oily at all on the outside.

We went with the Sweet Tea to drink... just right.

Then the main courses, My wife had the Fried Chicken and I had the roasted pulled pork. Fried chicken was incredible. Once again, not greasy but with a very crisp, flaky crust/breading. Pulled Pork was good considering it was not smoked but I really liked the fried chicken.

For side dishes we had green beans, collard greens, candied yams & macaroni & cheese.

For desert was a warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

I'm stuffed.... Best meal at a restaurant that I've had in a while and as Sled mentioned, not too pricey.

cabo
08-06-2006, 07:57 AM
ďSo, we had a great meal. The place was not that large but every table was in use but there was no wait. The service was excellent and very friendly. The food was terrific.

We started with cornbread. Very fresh & hot and tasted great. Then had an appetizer of the Fried Green Tomatoes (fried in cornmeal). Cooked perfectly... Not oily at all on the outside.

We went with the Sweet Tea to drink... just right.

Then the main courses, My wife had the Fried Chicken and I had the roasted pulled pork. Fried chicken was incredible. Once again, not greasy but with a very crisp, flaky crust/breading. Pulled Pork was good considering it was not smoked but I really liked the fried chicken.

For side dishes we had green beans, collard greens, candied yams & macaroni & cheese.

For desert was a warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.Ē

Now, thatís what Iím talking about!!!!!!
That, my friend is every day fare down here!!!! :biggrin:

Westexbbq
08-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Place named Bobbie Que or something like that?
I passed by on my way back from Majestic meats one Saturday but did not have time to stop; there was a write up in last week's Newsday I believe.