PDA

View Full Version : Brethren to the Dark Side?

ModelMaker
09-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Am I seeing things correctly, are the beloved Brethren group moving to the "DARK SIDE" at this years Royal?
I've made plans to attend again this year with Brother Dave but am not sure I'm pure enough to withstand all the temptations in "the hood".

Pray say it ain't so...
Ed

Balls Casten
09-18-2013, 09:06 AM
we are back after a one year hiatus .. #402

deguerre
09-18-2013, 10:27 AM
...am not sure I'm pure enough to withstand all the temptations in "the hood".

Pray say it ain't so...
Ed

I Bet You're Gay - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube

carlyle
09-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Hey, Smokers Purgatory, we will look you up. Several of us are going to be there again as Ambassadors. Will be great seeing you again.

And ModelMaker- Brethren take their own light and goodness with them no matter where they go. So, even though there may be some gathering on the so called Dark Side,
we will be a beacon in the wilderness. And a testament for good - for the Force is with us.

ModelMaker
09-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Hey, Smokers Purgatory, we will look you up. Several of us are going to be there again as Ambassadors. Will be great seeing you again.

And ModelMaker- Brethren take their own light and goodness with them no matter where they go. So, even though there may be some gathering on the so called Dark Side,
we will be a beacon in the wilderness. And a testament for good - for the Force is with us.

blah,blah,blah just explain to me what girls wearing bikinis and dancing in hot tubs have to do with BBQ?
Ed

TooSaucedToPork
09-18-2013, 05:20 PM
blah,blah,blah just explain to me what girls wearing bikinis and dancing in hot tubs have to do with BBQ?
Ed

I enjoy a hot, well made thigh, breast, or butt any day. Sometimes they make me dance a dance of exuberation. My belief is that those ladies, just as all of us, love a good, well made piece of meat. I bet if you asked them to try it, those ladies would be all over your pork like Myron Mixon on a Muffinpan.

BBQ = HAPPY DANCE... Plain and simple. :-D

mobow
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Ed
How do you know about the bikini clad women in hot tubs?

Skip
09-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Ed

Everything thats good with it. Sheesh you didn't know that?

Haastyle
09-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Ed

It has been a very long time since I have heard about mostly naked, and wet, women partying it up being a problem.

Skip
09-18-2013, 08:02 PM
It has been a very long time since I have heard about mostly naked, and wet, women partying it up being a problem.

You mean you heard that? Who would say that?

Haastyle
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
You mean you heard that? Who would say that?

Elementry School was a private Lutheran School. Where you still got the paddle. Everything was the devil. Every..... fricking...... thing.

carlyle
09-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Ed

Refer to the posts just above this for a few possibilities. Scanty clad females have about as much to do with BBQ as they do with car racing - Yet they show up in both places.

Nobody says you have to look.

I intend to go and have a good time the whole weekend on the whole grounds.

I sure hope you do the same. And with any luck we will even have a chance to say hello to each other.

carlyle
09-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Oh heck-- Brother Dave. You are talking about the world famous Rookie 48. Aren't you.

Trust him to keep you on the straight and narrow. You could not have a better wing man.

And with any luck, Dave will have some of that supremely wicked Apple Pie he makes.

And if you are with Dave, we will surely see each other. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Bigdog
09-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Ed

Because we talk a lot about butts and breasts. :thumb:

And by the way Ed, remember that it was you who stayed too long at the hot tub and got separated from the group. :oops::wink:

jeffturnerjr
09-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Are we still talking about BBQ? Or is BBQ what they're calling it nowadays...

ModelMaker
09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Because we talk a lot about butts and breasts. :thumb:

And by the way Ed, remember that it was you who stayed too long at the hot tub and got separated from the group. :oops::wink:

It wasn't my fault, I felt it was my dooty to visit with her for a few minutes to fully understand the purpose of their (3 of them) hot tub dance. By the way I don't remember what she said as my eyes overloaded my ears.
Carlyle
I don't believe that the phrase "Brother Dave" and "straight and narrow" can ever be uttered in the same breath. Have you ever spent the night roaming around with him?
I do look forward to meeting up with you and maybe sharing a little smoked cheese and a sip of Templton.

So back to the original question, BBQ Brethren.com are shown on the map to be in spot 173 smack in the middle of the Dark Side (actully just a few spots down from the offending hot tub and Gilleys style bucking bronco)
So have Poobah and company moved this year?
Ed

carlyle
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
I have not seen the map that you talk about. The database of space assignments that I have does not have a listing for Brethren. com I do know that several Brethren have sites in that general area, and there has been talk of a get together at one of them - probably on Sat nite.

The poobah will not be here this year - got that off another thread.

Yes, Dave and I have rambled a bit. You are on for the cheese and Templeton.

ModelMaker
09-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I used this link from a question from Candy Sue.

http://i.saffireevent.com/files.ashx?t=fg&f=2013_Map_and_Space_Assignments.pdf&rid=AmericanRoyal

Look for Brethren.com space assignment Spot 173

Rookie'48
09-20-2013, 02:41 AM
That looks like an awful small space for a bash of Brethren.

I've been getting my AR checklist looked over and so far I'm right on track.

Reservations to park 5th wheel 8 miles from AR gate - check
A couple of coolers of beer - check
Two-wheeler with cane holder - check
Templeton on ice - check, check
Brand new batch of Apple Pie - check
Smoked cheeses - check
Possible bail money - ?????

Am I forgetting anything?

HookEcho
09-20-2013, 11:06 AM
cool, #173 is sort of around the corner from Yoder Smokers #190

carlyle
09-20-2013, 12:16 PM
ModelMaker- got the link and downloaded it. Thanks. Now I see what you are talking about. But I do not know who is in that space. Based on previous info I had, Phil was not coming. But not confirmed by Phil one way or the other. Right now it is a mystery.
As evidenced by other posts, there are other Brethren in the neighborhood.

Dave - like your check list. Made me hungry and thirsty all at once. Except about the possible bail money. I think and hope that won't be necessary. Don't know about you, but I plan to be a peaceful innocent bystander who only will suffer hangover and eyestrain.

I see that Hook Echo has a confirmed touchdown location and is not just a funnel.
Great name for someone from Kansas. Looking forward to meeting you.

ModelMaker
09-20-2013, 05:01 PM

Smoked cheeses - check

See, that's exactly what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!
Does anybody have any liver exercises?

If Poo's not going who's steppin up and makin the pizza?
I think I'll bring Coney dog fixins for Fri. night.
Ed

BBQchef33
09-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Yes, there was an unfortunate mixup and we will be in spot 173 this year. Hopefully will be back in our spot(or nearby next year).

carlyle
09-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Very happy to hear that you will be there.

This is going to be an interesting year!

See you in a couple of weeks.

Solidkick
09-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Smoked cheeses - check

Judges hat maybe? :grin:

Sawdustguy
09-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Judges hat maybe? :grin: