PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS! NEW Maverick ET-733

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Most of you know that I am the man with the inside info from Maverick. I have known about this for awhile now but I was sworn to secrecy.:tape:

If you love your Maverick ET-732 check this out.

I am happy to announce today that the new Maverick ET-733 will be available late October.

The big changes are the larger display on the receiver that will now show both temps at the same time as well as the target high and low temps. Also now setting the target temps is easier. Temps can be set going up and down and not just going all the way up then back to the beginning. Also there are preset temps for 6 meats and 9 game meats.

http://bbqequipmentstore.com/images/1379425206782481026864.jpeg (http://bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer-ET-733-ET-733.htm)

FEATURES:

Comes with receiver, transmitter, 2 hybrid probes & 2 grill clips
Monitors 2 things at once! 1 food and 1 BBQ or 2 foods or 2 BBQS. You select
Probe wires are 3 ft long and are rated for 716F
Receiver stores settings even when unit is off
6 preset temperatures for Beef, Veal, Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Turkey
9 BONUS preset temperatures for Game meats, Deer, Elk, Moose, Buffalo, Rabbit, Boar, Duck, Bird & Fish
Can customize preset temperatures to personal taste
Alerts you when preset temperature is reached
Loss of signal alert if you go out of range for more than a minute
Large 300 ft range
Select between Fahrenheit and Celsius
The receiver will display 32F to 572F
In BBQ mode you can set the high alert range from 140F to 572F and 32F to 554F in the low alert range
4 AAA batteries included
We are taking pre-orders and expect to ship them out in the last week of October.
Click here for more info: (http://bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer-ET-733-ET-733.htm)

NeilH
09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Getting more sophisticated. Gonna have to wait til my 732 peters out. The wife wouldnt know what to think if i drug another gadget in the house.:rolleyes:

peeps
09-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Will be adding to the xmas list ;) Love me some new gadgets :D

Not on Amazon yet :( No offense, just it is my goto place with my Prime membership.

SmittyJonz
09-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Any coupons?

batboy
09-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Nice! Are the probes the same at the 732?

IMO, the weakest element of the 732 is the probes? "Don't get them too hot, don't get them wet, protect the seals. . . . "

aawa
09-17-2013, 09:45 AM
oh man....... I kind of wants...... kind of

5-0 BBQ

IMO, the weakest element of the 732 is the probes? "Don't get them too hot, don't get them wet, protect the seals. . . . "
The same probes work with the ET-733. Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

peeps

IMO, the weakest element of the 732 is the probes? "Don't get them too hot, don't get them wet, protect the seals. . . . "Yeah...that reminds me...my BBQ probe just went out during my last cook.

Would love to have an option for more robust probes. I would pay double if they lasted double-triple the life of the existing design. I seem to go through food probes about every 6-9 months averaging 2-3 cooks/month.

deguerre
The big changes are the larger display on the receiver that will now show both temps at the same time as well as the target high and low temps. Also now setting the target temps is easier. Temps can be set going up and down and not just going all the way up then back to the beginning. Also there are preset temps for 6 meats and 9 game meats.

Are these the only differences between the two models? Because I have never used any of these features. Heck, I don't even know HOW to set them because I've never had a need to learn. Yet, at least.

peeps
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
The same probes work with the ET-733. Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:Now THAT sounds excellent!

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Are these the only differences between the two models? Because I have never used any of these features. Heck, I don't even know HOW to set them because I've never had a need to learn. Yet, at least.
With the presets it is now easier to set. With your own setting those are simpler as well. Also you will be able to see both temps at the same time.

sliding_billy
09-17-2013, 09:56 AM
I like the idea of new [waterproof] probes. Any chance they are thinner than the 732 probes?I am disappointed that Maverick is still including the (IMO) useless 3 ft probes with the new model. I think I have used the ones that came with my 1st Maverick once and never used the ones I got with my 2nd. 3 feet is just too short for me.

ButtBurner
09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
how about the same dang unit with indestructible probes? Or at least ones that are not a fragile as a china doll

then they would have something.

deguerre
09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
With the presets it is now easier to set. With your own setting those are simpler as well. Also you will be able to see both temps at the same time.

Ah. Cool. By both temps, I take it you mean actual and target temps (Or whatever parameters you set), correct? I can really see that as a great upgrade, for sure. The unit will emit a warning if either pit or meat temps exceed settings?

Lowki
09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Have they improved the probes at all? I bought so many for my ET-732 that I completely avoid Maverick now. Seems like i spent twice what i paid for the unit in probes.

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 10:02 AM
how about the same dang unit with indestructible probes? Or at least ones that are not a fragile as a china doll

then they would have something.Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

deguerre
09-17-2013, 10:03 AM
In four years, I think I've only replaced three probes total, for both my 72 and 732 units combined. You do have to exercize caution though.

deguerre
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

Put me on a waiting list!

peeps
09-17-2013, 10:06 AM
In four years, I think I've only replaced three probes total, for both my 72 and 732 units combined.My replacements have gotten fewer and far between now that I have learned how fragile they are.

At first I was putting the lid on my Weber down over the wires. After killing 1 probe and doing a bit of reading, I decided to drill holes and route them through the lower shell to save the abuse of the lid. But I failed to tell the wife to be gentle when cleaning them and keep the connections from getting wet and lost another one or 2 that way. I think I am on my 1st BBQ probe (and it just failed) and on my 3rd or 4th food probe in 2 years or so.

bvbull200
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Can I send you my 1 month old ET-732 and a few bucks to trade up?

:-P

ButtBurner
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
My replacements have gotten fewer and far between now that I have learned how fragile they are.

At first I was putting the lid on my Weber down over the wires. After killing 1 probe and doing a bit of reading, I decided to drill holes and route them through the lower shell to save the abuse of the lid. But I failed to tell the wife to be gentle when cleaning them and keep the connections from getting wet and lost another one or 2 that way. I think I am on my 1st BBQ probe (and it just failed) and on my 3rd or 4th food probe in 2 years or so.

I dont let my wife touch any of my bbq stuff.

She knows better anyway ;)

my bbq temp probe went bad. it had never seen water. They replaced it with no questions asked with one with a longer lead, which i was happy with.

I cannot complain about their customer service..

deguerre
09-17-2013, 10:09 AM
My replacements have gotten fewer and far between now that I have learned how fragile they are.

Yeppers. I edited my post to advise caution with them. All of the replacements for me were the food probes.

Smoked Nachos?
09-17-2013, 10:10 AM
I literally bought a 732 a week ago. I haven't even had a chance to use it yet other than to test it.

Maybe I should return it and use the money for this guy. =)

cpw
09-17-2013, 10:12 AM
The same probes work with the ET-733. Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

That's what I'm excited about. I hate my maverick because the probes are always going out.

Uncle JJ
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
+1 on the new probes. In addition to the durability issues, my wish list:

Longer cables - 6 footers please
A food probe that is straight, not bent

I have one gromet into my large offset - I can't get the bent probe through it. And I cannot reach both ends of the cooking surface from the gromet unless I get a longer cable.

aawa
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I have had my ET-732 for over a year now. I cook 2-3 times a week and use it. I have had to replace 1 probe.

I do not baby them at all and they last. The things to remember, don't submerge completely in water (my roommate killed the 1 probe by submerging it underwater when he was doing dishes), don't kink or bend the wires (i do loose loops of the wire and then put them in ziplock bag w/ the units), dont feed between the lid and kettle/drum edge (I feed them through the exhaust vents)

I have left my probes outside for days by accident (see too drunk to remember to bring them in and too hungover to go outside the next day) I have went a couple days after that without washing them. I have left the transmitter and reciever units outside as well with no harm to them.

I guess I have had a good set of probes, but I haven't experienced the probe issues that other people have.

katman
09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Reliable probes will be a winner. Let us know when you have them.

deguerre
09-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I have had my ET-732 for over a year now. I cook 2-3 times a week and use it. I have had to replace 1 probe.

I do not baby them at all and they last. The things to remember, don't submerge completely in water (my roommate killed the 1 probe by submerging it underwater when he was doing dishes), don't kink or bend the wires (i do loose loops of the wire and then put them in ziplock bag w/ the units), dont feed between the lid and kettle/drum edge (I feed them through the exhaust vents)

I have left my probes outside for days by accident (see too drunk to remember to bring them in and too hungover to go outside the next day) I have went a couple days after that without washing them. I have left the transmitter and reciever units outside as well with no harm to them.

I guess I have had a good set of probes, but I haven't experienced the probe issues that other people have.

You're about right on par with my experience, 3 in 4 years, and the caution was exactly what you posted. Wet, kink, shmoosh.

aawa
09-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I guess being in the IT field you learn to not kink or smoosh wires so this came naturally for me. :p

PatAttack
09-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I guess being in the IT field you learn to not kink or smoosh wires so this came naturally for me. :p

That sounds a little dirty.:shock: Sorry, that's the Woodpile coming out...:tsk:

Grizzly6
09-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm on a work computer so I will not try it... but I would think really serious about googling "heavy duty probe" just sayin.

BobM
09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Very cool, I love new BBQ toys. :-D

jeffturnerjr
09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmmm... Was just about to buy the 732.... Nice!

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Hmmm... Was just about to buy the 732.... Nice!
We are taking pre orders. It will ship out to you in mid-late october.

DBH
09-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Toss in a web service and we'd be talk'n.

oldbill
09-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Hmm! I can get the ET 732 for about $20 less than the 733 and then just get the new probes when they come out since they're the only real flaw of the 732!:wink:

peeps
09-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Hmm! I can get the ET 732 for about $20 less than the 733 and then just get the new probes when they come out since they're the only real flaw of the 732!:wink:If you plan to use any of the alarms, you might think that extra $20 is worth it if these new alarm features are as easy as he makes them sound. The current alarm setup is a PITA!

ccarter
09-17-2013, 02:24 PM
And in other news... my 732 arrived in the mail 2 days ago. :-/

oldbill
09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
If you plan to use any of the alarms, you might think that extra $20 is worth it if these new alarm features are as easy as he makes them sound. The current alarm setup is a PITA!
Naaah! We don't need no stinking alarms!:-P

peeps
09-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Naaah! We don't need no stinking alarms!:-PFair enough...just making sure you considered all your options ;)

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
I had the chance to test one at a comp. I didnt use the alarms on my 732 but now that it is easier to set I used it. The other thing I liked was I was able to set probe 1 as beef and probe 2 as pork.

See Below

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1230023_518467671561295_2095236022_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578490_518467804894615_215540564_n.jpg

AussieTitch
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I had the chance to test one at a comp. I didnt use the alarms on my 732 but now that it is easier to set I used it. The other thing I liked was I was able to set probe 1 as beef and probe 2 as pork.

See Below

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1230023_518467671561295_2095236022_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578490_518467804894615_215540564_n.jpg

I have spare probes and never thought of doing that:doh:
Awesome :clap:

dwfisk
09-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Please talk a little about bluetooth rangs, other than probes (your news above is pretty exciting) rsnge seems to be the biggest negative with the bluetooth devices.

retired trucker
09-17-2013, 04:01 PM
+1 on the new probes. In addition to the durability issues, my wish list:

6 footers please
A food probe that is straight, not bent

I just got two new 6 foot probes for my 732 that both probes were straight (think old food probes) and not bent. They can be used for the pit or the food as they are electrically the same. My old probes are over 2 years old and both still work just fine. I just wanted the longer probes and Amazon offered the two food probes in a set.

I have all of my probes with some heat shrink tubing on them from about the last 1 1/2 inch of the probe to about 4 inches out on the wire. This stiffens and waterproofs the probe wire where it enters the probe, and has helped keep my probes working since I got the original ones with the unit. I am careful to not get them wet or pinched. I have a hole drilled in my UDS for their entry.

I clean them with some alcohol saturated cleaning wipes for glasses.

It is a great tool, but admittedly a little fragile that needs careful handling, but worth the trouble for the extra sleep and time out of the harsh elements when smoking.

Blessings,
Omar

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Please talk a little about bluetooth rangs, other than probes (your news above is pretty exciting) rsnge seems to be the biggest negative with the bluetooth devices.This is not a blue tooth unit. The unit does go 300 feet in range like the ET-732

superlazy
09-17-2013, 05:24 PM
This is not a blue tooth unit. The unit does go 300 feet in range like the ET-732
I wish my 732 would get 300ft

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
I wish my 732 would get 300ftHow old are your batteries?

superlazy
09-17-2013, 06:29 PM
How old are your batteries?
New it's been that way from the start. I used to think it was the way the old house was setup but it does the same thing here

GrillsGoneWild
09-17-2013, 06:31 PM
The advertised 300ft is "direct line of sight" and means not going around corners or through walls.

caliking
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM
This sounds pretty cool. Looks like it incorporates features of the et-7 and the et-73 in one unit.

I started with an et-7 unit 6-7 years ago. Then upgraded to an et-73 about 4 years ago. Had range issues with my et-73 so I added external antennae. For the past few years I have been using a hybrid setup - probes and transmitter from the et-7 unit, and receiver from the et-73 unit. I can get signal in the living room, kitchen, bedroom, and upstairs from any of my cookers in different spots in my yard. Still using the original probes that came with the et-7, used almost every weekend. I don't baby them, but I am careful with them.

Would love to see what folks think of this new unit once it comes out. Would have been nice to see an AC option so at least the transmitter could be plugged in.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea... would the transmitter have a more powerful/reliable signal if it was plugged instead of battery operated? Maybe I'll try that.

martyleach
09-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I have bought at least 4 732's. They work for awhile and then the temp is no longer reliable. It may be 20 degrees off. I wish I had a better choice than this device. I don't want more options, I just want something I can rely on.....
Price is not the issue. Quality, reliability is the deal!

BASSER
09-17-2013, 08:34 PM

then they would have something.

I agree, speaking from experience.

Toast
09-17-2013, 08:39 PM
All I can say is that I've bought one ET-732 a couple of years ago and once I make sure the probes are seated properly into the transmitter and have alkaline batteries in both units, I've not had any problems.

I do temp control for a living and have the equipment to verify. I put the probes at +/- 5*F. and as long as your careful not to pull or kink the lead wires, it works Great. My Thermapen agrees.

He11, for the $$, what do you expect? To me it's a good unit at a fair price.

martyleach
09-17-2013, 08:42 PM
All I can say is that I've bought one ET-732 a couple of years ago and once I make sure the probes are seated properly into the transmitter and have alkaline batteries in both units, I've not had any problems.

I do temp control for a living and have the equipment to verify. I put the probes at +/- 5*F. and as long as your careful not to pull or kink the lead wires, it works Great. My Thermapen agrees.

He11, for the $$, what do you expect? To me it's a good unit at a fair price.

I say double the price and put out a product that you don't have to re-buy every 6-12 months....

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I have bought at least 4 732's. They work for awhile and then the temp is no longer reliable. It may be 20 degrees off. I wish I had a better choice than this device. I don't want more options, I just want something I can rely on.....
Price is not the issue. Quality, reliability is the deal!I dont what to say. I can say is that as a dealer that has sold THOUSANDS of ET-732s that I have very few complaints. When we do, Maverick has honored the warranties or it was a simple fix over the phone.

5-0 BBQ
09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree, speaking from experience.Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

superlazy
09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
The advertised 300ft is "direct line of sight" and means not going around corners or through walls.

Oh I know but less than 50' and 2 walls it would nice if it didn't drop connection

I still like the unit but I will do a wifi one next time

Toast
09-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I say double the price and put out a product that you don't have to re-buy every 6-12 months....

It's like buying a car years ago I recon. Hit and miss. A QC issue maybe. My unit has worked well for (I'm guessing) maybe 300 cooks.

They make a unit like that if your $$$'s right. http://www.thermoworks.com
Now these units use thermocouple technology (true heat input) verses the resistance inputs the ET uses. They cost more. 10K ohms = 77*F. on the ET.

It's out there if you want it. :-D But for the $$ it's a Great unit.

superlazy
09-17-2013, 08:59 PM
It's like buying a car years ago I recon. Hit and miss. A QC issue maybe. My unit has worked well for (I'm guessing) maybe 300 cooks.

They make a unit like that if your $$$'s right. http://www.thermoworks.com
Now these units use thermocouple technology (true heat input) verses the resistance inputs the ET uses. They cost more. 10K ohms = 77*F. on the ET.

It's out there if you want it. :-D

Wait I thought you knew nothing about equations:biggrin1:

Toast
09-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Wait I thought you knew nothing about equations:biggrin1:

I may look dumb but that's just a disguise (Charlie Daniels Mod) :-D

sliding_billy
09-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Any issues I have had with my 732s have either been probe related (faulty without getting wet or crimping or anything) or "me" related (poor probe placement, etc). As I mentioned earlier, my only other issue is how thick the meat probe is. I like my meat/pit combo probes, but would prefer a dedicated (thinner) one for my meats.

5-0 BBQ
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Look what was just dropped off by UPS. Product video will come soon. :-D

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/15977_518909318183797_1177880963_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1234564_518909381517124_2060847983_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1239649_518909471517115_1570649493_n.jpg

peeps
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Tease!!!!

Smoked Nachos?
09-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Does this mean they'll ship faster than the end of October?

5-0 BBQ
09-18-2013, 03:50 PM
No. I had a few sent in by air. Stand by by for my next tread.

5-0 BBQ
09-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Tease!!!!http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171351

5-0 BBQ
09-18-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171351

peeps
09-18-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171351Well, it wil be going on my Christmas list ;) I just can't justify it now with new probes and a working 732...

Smokin the good stuff
09-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I get an easy 300 feet out of my 732 when I am outside, inside is probably around 60-70 feet from my smoker and thats got to go through my truck and 3 interior walls and I've never lost signal inside. Checking temps with my thermapen it is within a few degrees of the 732, although I've only had the unit for a couple of months. Happy customer here, wish I could justify the new unit!

martyleach
09-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Now the issue with this product is that you have to go by their pre-sets for the different meats. I don't cook my beef to 140.... I want to enter my target temp but you can't do that..

Look what was just dropped off by UPS. Product video will come soon. :-D

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/15977_518909318183797_1177880963_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1234564_518909381517124_2060847983_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1239649_518909471517115_1570649493_n.jpg

peeps
09-20-2013, 06:08 AM
You can customize the preset temperatures to your own taste. Says so right there on the box ;)

PatAttack
09-20-2013, 01:12 PM
I have a question about the 733.

Does it have the same microscopic screws for the battery compartments?:icon_pissed

That's the only qualm I had with the 732.

castlepines
09-20-2013, 01:22 PM

Does it have the same microscopic screws for the battery compartments?:icon_pissed

GREAT question! Very annoying quirk with the 732!

castlepines
09-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, it wil be going on my Christmas list ;) I just can't justify it now with new probes and a working 732...

Same. I was perfectly happy with my 732 until I saw this thread!

Woody1911a1
09-20-2013, 03:25 PM

those are standard #1 phillips head . while most larger phillips heads are #2 , the # 1 phillips head screwdrivers are part of any set of screwdrivers .

just ask your wife if you can borrow her screwdriver set :mrgreen:

btw my 733 will be here tomorrow and i'll let you know :)

sliding_billy
09-20-2013, 06:59 PM

I hoard the little yellow Phillips screwdrivers that come with a lot of kids' toys. :mrgreen:

Woody1911a1
09-20-2013, 07:52 PM
geez guys just turn in your Man card if you don't have a #1 phillips .

where's Tim Allen when i need him ?

PatAttack
09-23-2013, 06:39 AM
geez guys just turn in your Man card if you don't have a #1 phillips .

where's Tim Allen when i need him ?

I believe may man card is perfectly safe.

Let me know if and when you drop one of those little farkers ( the screws themselves) and can't find it.

Here I am taking crap from two guys that don't have the "man card" to donate to this site and purchase a subscription!:thumb:

BTW, I just re-upped today. You guys should give it a shot!:heh:

NickTheGreat
09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Hmmmmm. This seems intriguing. I have had no issues with my 732, but can't figure out how to set the alarms. So I just don't use them.

Maybe I could justify using my 732 for brewing or something. :twisted:

Smoking Westy
09-23-2013, 10:30 AM
What's the ETA on the new probes for the 732? My dog helped himself to my meat probe and I'm in need of a new one badly. :shock:

Charcoal_Addict
09-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Maverick could even take it a step further and have a 734 with the ability to run 4-6 probes and it would likely do well. It would also be nice to have 6 Ft and 12 FT probe. How many people can but up two smokers close enough for 3 FT probes to be long enough?

The Pup
09-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Tested the ET-733 this weekend and I am not that crazy about the interface; too many steps to setup probe 1 & 2--but easily mastered in a few minutes. Range seems to be the same as the ET-732.

5-0 BBQ
09-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Maverick could even take it a step further and have a 734 with the ability to run 4-6 probes and it would likely do well. It would also be nice to have 6 Ft and 12 FT probe. How many people can but up two smokers close enough for 3 FT probes to be long enough?
Thanks for the feedback. I will make sure I forward this to Darren.