PDA

View Full Version : Off to Miami Monday

ciret
04-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, I finally got a new assignment. 3 months in Miami. Looks like it will be a fly in Mon AM, fly home Fri PM. I'm gonna try and get a Townplace Suites, website said they have a grill guests can use :-P and an exercise room :rolleyes: Any suggestions for good Q joints? Or SCUBA shops? (My other obssesion)

Bill-Chicago
04-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Islamarada Key (or something like that) is one of the dive capitals and 2 hours away (look on a map for the State Park and dive sites)

And Tony Roma's is the place for BBQ. I'm sure the Floridians will chime in with agreement. :)

Arlin_MacRae
04-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Sounds like a fun gig, Eric. Hope you enjoy it!

ciret
04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I hope I can get some time to enjoy it. Sometimes it gets crazy and if I'm traveling in on Mon home on Fri, I don't have much time to enjoy the area. I'll definitely get out to try some local cuisine :-P I usually try to get on a 10 days onsite 4 days home schedule, and include the travel in the 10 work days. Then I have longer periods of time at home and things there aren't so rushed and I can use the weekend to explore8-) South Beach is not to far away :eek:

Jorge
04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
If you can take the time head down to Key West to dive. Some of the clearest water I've ever seen, but some wild currents in places to go with it:-D

ciret
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jorge,

I'm hoping I can set up a deal to do that. I've heard good things about the diving and the whole Key West / Conch Republic thing.

Jorge
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I have a buddy that was teaching down there, that I haven't heard from in a while. If he'll answer the phone I'll see what I can find out for you.