PDA

View Full Version : Plan-B's first Comp

mr_ski73
09-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Well, Mark it in the books. Plan-B BBQ has completed our first competition.
Smoke on the Water's Ribba-Ramma in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
Not the best of showings but definatley not the worst.
We placed 12th out of 36. (really 34 cause 2 teams no-showed or didnt make check-in, but 36 sounds better in my head.)

We kept it simple for ther first one, ribs only, very little equippment.

Cooked both full spares and babybacks, saw most folks working on turning in babys but I dont get the flavor out of them that I seem to get out of spares. Plus I like trimming my own and eatn and serving the tips.
Turned in the spares, maybe that was wrong route to take... any thoughts?

Scoring.... We recived score sheets after winners were announced, we recived 191.22 out of 200 I guess. Not even a whole point seperated us from 8th place, and less than 5 points from 1st.

Is that a good margin? If I remember correctly, last place was in the 130's so I felt pretty good about 191. This is not what I expected when they said "score sheets". Guess I was expecting to see the different taste, tender, apper. like I see on TV. Is this how most are done? I hope these questions are not to novice for responses but we are really exited about doing this again..Soon, so any help or insight is appreciated.

We did meet some great people and were invited to 2 different in state events that I didnt know were coming up so all in all I guess was a good first outing.

Oh ya, remind me Not to be so close to the beer tent next time, that could have been part of the problem too..:razz:

fnbish
09-16-2013, 03:38 PM
12 out of 36 is not a good showing after your 1st competition?? Sounds pretty good to me. And I thought I had a self deprecating sense of humor :-P.

PekingPorker
09-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Congrats man! 12th is excellent and invited to more events. Sounds like you know what you're doing :-D