YankeeBBQ
09-13-2013, 08:49 PM
CAUSES FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION of a team, its
members and/or guests: A cook team is responsible jointly
and severally for its head cook, its team members and its
guests.
a. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages or public
intoxication with a disturbance.
b. Serving alcoholic beverages to the general public.
c. Use of illegal controlled substances.
d. Foul, abusive, or unacceptable language or any
language causing a disturbance.
e. Excessive noise, including but not limited to that
generated from speakers, such as radios, CD players,
TVs, public address systems or amplifying equipment,
will not be allowed during quiet time, designated to
start at 11:00 p.m. on contest nights and will last until
7:00 a.m. unless otherwise determined by the event.
f. Fighting and/or disorderly conduct.
g. Theft, dishonesty, cheating, use of prohibited meats,
or any act involving moral turpitude.
h. Use of gas or other auxiliary heat sources inside the
cooking device.
i. Violation of any of the KCBS Cook’s Rules above, save
and except #9 – 13.
Excessive or continued complaints from teams on any of
the above rule infractions shall be considered grounds for
immediate disqualification from the contest by KCBS
Representatives, Organizers and/or Security. In addition,
any violation of the above rules shall be reported to the
KCBS Board of Directors who may in addition to the above
disqualification impose additional penalties upon the team,
the head cook, and its members including but not limited to
disqualification from competing in KCBS events for a period
of time not to exceed five years. All complaints of
disturbance or violation of quiet time shall be reported to
the Board of Directors.

TooSaucedToPork
09-13-2013, 09:41 PM
What happens to a team that is Caught Cheating at a KCBS Competition?:confused:

Once a team is caught, all teams are assembled at awards and the team is put on the stage to be judged.

The following is what usually happens...

Team #1: I say we kill em!

All teams: [shout] Yeah!

Team #2: I say we hang him, *then* we kill em!

All Teams: [shout] Yeah!

Team #3: I say we stomp em!

Team #4: Then we tattoo em!

Team #4: Then we hang em...!

All Teams: [shout] YEAH!'!

Team #4: And then we kill em!

All Teams: [shout] YEAH!'!'!

Team in Question: I say we let em go.

All Teams: [shout] NO!'!'!

Very Drunk Lady in Beer Tent at Every Contest: [whistles] I say ya let me have em first!

All Teams: [break out in raucous laughter]

swamprb
09-13-2013, 10:38 PM
And beaten to a bloody pulp with a peni$ apron in front small children to make a lasting impression.

TooSaucedToPork
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
And beaten to a bloody pulp with a peni$ apron in front small children to make a lasting impression.

Oh god...don't bring up Penisgate...Please!!!!

Razcal
09-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Thank You Guys

Smoke'n Ice
09-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Now if you would have asked what happens if a rep is caught cheating, it would be a different story. Maybe a wink and slap on the wrist by the board?

Slamdunkpro
09-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Has any team ever been caught cheating?

sitnfat
09-14-2013, 02:04 PM
I heard someone got caught using gas once.

dmprantz
09-14-2013, 03:01 PM
It really depends on the rule broken, the event, and the rep. I know of one example where a team was caught cheating and got a do-over from the organizer and/or rep. I don't believe that the KCBS BOD was notified, but I could be wrong.

dmp

BRBBQ
09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
do you know the details or just wondering?

Smoke'n Ice
09-15-2013, 01:29 PM
What happens to a team that is Caught Cheating at a KCBS Competition?:confused:

You just posted a similar question on a different forum but added additional detail.

If you saw this happen and did not report it, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.:tsk:

loco_engr
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
You just posted a similar question on a different forum but added additional detail.

If you saw this happen and did not report it, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.:tsk:

Curiosity has got me now . . . what other forum might that be?

Thanks

Okie Sawbones
09-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Yep, but I might first ask the team if they are aware this is an infraction. Sometimes we can be blissfully ignorant... :oops:

Smoke'n Ice
09-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Curiosity has got me now . . . what other forum might that be?

Thanks

Basso's
"Posted by Razca's Ribs on September 15, 2013 at 11:17:50:

What would happen to a Team that use pre cooked meat in another cooler than the one he showed at meat inspection? And another team member brought the cooked meat in later in the night."

sdbbq1234
09-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Funny, with all the modern technical devices for wood/charcoal cookers, I really don't think someone using a gaser would have any better chance.

wallace

ssbbqguy
09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Using gas isn't the question, bringing in meat cooked somewhere else is what I read. I believe it happened once next to us . Told the reps and people running the deal and basically was told to go away. The reps. or organizer wouldn't do anything about the noise either from the same team. I ended up cutting their power cord in two once at 1:30am and just about daybreak the projector came back on playing movies that could be heard miles away. People told us that. I came home with a broken ear drum, crappy results when I was on a roll and nothing ever happened to them at all. I was told they were full anytime I asked to compete again, when called in the years after. I wouldn't have went, just wanted to see if I was blackballed and do believe that happened too. Just for asking the rules to be enforced. Their loss and that contest didn't last long after that. Spineless jerks with no integrity are still out there. I saw the same team carry meat in from a cooler that was cooked. I just couldn't see if they used it. By their behaviour though I bet they did.I will say in my hundreds of contests, that's the only time I've seen it that obvious. Steve.

Rookie'48
09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Basso's
"Posted by Razca's Ribs on September 15, 2013 at 11:17:50:

What would happen to a Team that use pre cooked meat in another cooler than the one he showed at meat inspection? And another team member brought the cooked meat in later in the night."

IF this is true (and I stress the word "IF") the Contest Rep should have been notified immediately!

If the Rep wasn't notified then I have to ask "Why the hell not?"

If the Rep was notified what happened?

Was the pre-cooked meat used for dinner that night or for turn-ins?

As it stands right now we only have a question about a hypothetical, possible, maybe rule violation. A lot more info is needed.

sdbbq1234
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Using gas isn't the question, bringing in meat cooked somewhere else is what I read. Steve.

To the OP, asks what happens if a team is caught cheating. For the past, someone would have to go to the BOD or minutes from past meetings to see "what" happened then. For the present and future, we will have to wait until that happens.

The comments about pre-cooked meats, using gas, etc..., where added on comments.

IMHO, nothing is written in stone what the consequences are. It is up to the BOD.

wallace

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Funny, with all the modern technical devices for wood/charcoal cookers, I really don't think someone using a gaser would have any better chance.

wallace

maybe they would try muffin pans...oh and getting the team next to you wasted, again!:icon_smile_tongue:

sdbbq1234
09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
maybe they would try muffin pans...oh and getting the team next to you wasted, again!:icon_smile_tongue:

I take that as a CHALLENGE! I am going to cook 50 muffin pan thighs!

Also, you might want to check every inch of your trailer and truck as you "might" just find a dozen pieces or so scattered throughout!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

wallace

Smoke'n Ice
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
They will be used as mine have done Jack lately

dmprantz
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM

If cheating occured, it's a violation of the same rule that previous resulted in a do-over, though from what I understand, that time it was caught before turn-ins.

dmp

jeffturnerjr
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
the whole precooked thing is ridiculous? How dare a team do something that low.
argh.

bruno994
09-16-2013, 07:44 AM
So, the real question is how did this team in question finish up? Any calls or was "Karma" the usual b---h that she is?

frankH
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM
I do think that brisket and pork can sometimes taste better the 2nd day after sitting in he fridge. But i'd think it'd hurt big time with the judges on appearance and tenderness. I doubt they did themselves any favors if they used precooked meat.

mr_ski73
09-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I do think that brisket and pork can sometimes taste better the 2nd day after sitting in he fridge. But i'd think it'd hurt big time with the judges on appearance and tenderness. I doubt they did themselves any favors if they used precooked meat.

My thoughts exactly.. I dont see how you could benefit from pre-cooked. Maybe good for a chopped sandwich the next day but "turn-in tender" brisket, ribs, or shoulder?? I just don't see it..:noidea:

Razcal
09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
the cheating team got RGC and 2 GC cheating

Red Valley BBQ
09-16-2013, 08:16 PM

If that's the case and there was definitive proof, the reps should have been informed. Simple as that.

Razcal
09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
no proof just rumors

Meat Man
09-16-2013, 10:28 PM
WTF, my wife and daughters cooked at this event. And for you to be putting out accusations like this are total out of line here on this forum. The people you are making these accusations about are great guys and good cooks who work hard to improve. You put it out there like it's a fact, but then say it was only a rumor. Your trouble Razcal, nothing but trouble.

HDBBQ
09-16-2013, 10:33 PM
That's funny Russell? You come on a national thread like this trying to say I cheated?? You got some balls boy I tell you what. This coming from a guy who got his entry fee paid for, meat for free and asked you to come cook from the same guy your saying cheated? We gonna see how this plays at for you.

Outnumbered
09-16-2013, 10:35 PM

no proof just rumors

These guys are doing something right if they won RGC and 2 GC. If they're cheating, they're pretty darned good at it.

To present this as fact, then basically name them and as an afterthought admit you have no proof is pretty darned irresponsible.

Rookie'48
09-16-2013, 10:55 PM
IF this is true (and I stress the word "IF") the Contest Rep should have been notified immediately!

If the Rep wasn't notified then I have to ask "Why the hell not?"

If the Rep was notified what happened?

Was the pre-cooked meat used for dinner that night or for turn-ins?

As it stands right now we only have a question about a hypothetical, possible, maybe rule violation. A lot more info is needed.

Like I said "IF" . . .

no proof just rumors

So . . . now - way down here on post # 30 - this comes up???

Razcal
09-17-2013, 06:07 AM
I just asked a Question that I heard as a Rumor was wondering what happens I am NOT accusing any Team I just wanted to know if the Rumor was true. If the Rumor is true then Karma will have her way on the team.

Razcal
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM
WTF, my wife and daughters cooked at this event. And for you to be putting out accusations like this are total out of line here on this forum. The people you are making these accusations about are great guys and good cooks who work hard to improve. You put it out there like it's a fact, but then say it was only a rumor. Your trouble Razcal, nothing but trouble.

Will I never said your family did any thing. no one Cheated at the FAIR that I know of , Sounds like you doknow something please tell.

nthole
09-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Troll much dude? :tsk:

You've created an entire thread accusing someone of cheating and then saying YOU didn't actually accuse them but if they get defensive then they MUST be feeling some sort of guilt.

Isn't that like calling someone a child molester and then when they vehemently deny it you say, oh look at how they deny it, it MUST be true.

There's an integrity thread somewhere in this forum. Me thinks this will fit right in.

Jorge
09-17-2013, 09:04 AM

no proof just rumors

How about you name yourself, to even things up a bit? You didn't have a problem lobbing somebody else under the bus, only to back pedal later.

deguerre
09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
How about you name yourself, to even things up a bit? You didn't have a problem lobbing somebody else under the bus, only to back pedal later.

Perhaps this guy?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Razcal+Ribs%3A+Clearfield--------------------------------------------------------------------------------&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&safe=active

HDBBQ
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Yep that's the guy...... Now I call him out about calling me a cheater and he wants to back pedal.. To late for that ****....

SOB
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I dont know how you guys know what event he is talking about

Bigdog
09-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Just a friendly warning here guys from one of your Senior Members: No name calling. Keep it civil here or the guy with the red type will step in and you will get some time off or be banned.

Robert
09-17-2013, 02:12 PM
I hate this kind of stuff. It appears that you didn't make a complaint at the cook-off where the accusation could have been somewhat private. Yet you come on here attempting to be innocent by asking a simple question, then start dropping hints that someone may have cheated that you know, and then you out them in a thinly veiled post but claim you only asked a question.

So, I say this. You've ruined or at least tainted your reputation here. So, I don't think you can do anymore harm in that area if you just sack up and go ahead and make the full blown accusation of what you think happened. the very odd thing about this is you seem to have some sort of very close relationship with the accused. So, spill the beans.

TooSaucedToPork
09-17-2013, 03:44 PM
SO...the OP never mentioned why he believes they cheated...and most important...HOW they cheated. And (playing devils advocate) he never did say who did it, or where...

Razcal...
Please enlighten us to which rules were rumored to be broken so that we can make an unbiased judgement.

Neil

Razcal
09-17-2013, 07:55 PM
These guys are doing something right if they won RGC and 2 GC. If they're cheating, they're pretty darned good at it.

To present this as fact, then basically name them and as an afterthought admit you have no proof is pretty darned irresponsible.

I haven't named anyone:rolleyes:

Razcal
09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Yep that's the guy...... Now I call him out about calling me a cheater and he wants to back pedal.. To late for that ****....

I never called you a Cheater James:crazy:

boogiesnap
09-17-2013, 08:02 PM
yawn.

Razcal
09-17-2013, 08:07 PM
SO...the OP never mentioned why he believes they cheated...and most important...HOW they cheated. And (playing devils advocate) he never did say who did it, or where...

Razcal...
Please enlighten us to which rules were rumored to be broken so that we can make an unbiased judgement.

Neil

Neil ,
The Rumor is that the team used precook beef & pork in another cooler than the one they had at meat inspection that was brought the precooked meat in after dark when everyone was asleep.:tape:

Smoke'n Ice
09-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Can I recommend that you sell your equipment and find a new hobby. This one is extremely small, especially in the CO and UT area with very few cookoffs. Just saying!

Dustaway
09-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Razcal

Rumor has it the any person or team that places regular and wins MUST be cheating.

Dingleberry's like you need to take two weeks off from competition BBQ and then quit......

Razcal
09-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Razcal

Rumor has it the any person or team that places regular and wins MUST be cheating.

Dingleberry's like you need to take two weeks off from competition BBQ and then quit......

Go OU Get them Sooners Thank You Sir:loco:

TooSaucedToPork
09-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Neil ,
The Rumor is that the team used precook beef & pork in another cooler than the one they had at meat inspection that was brought the precooked meat in after dark when everyone was asleep.:tape:

So...allegedly...they cooked their meat off site and brought it in. Was this all meats or just butt and Briskey?...allegedly of course.

Not much you can do now...we mostly have an honor system about all things here in BBQ. If honor has been tarnished it will come back 3 fold. It's kinda like witchcraft, only way tastier. ;-)

NS Mike D
09-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I just asked a Question that I heard as a Rumor was wondering what happens I am NOT accusing any Team I just wanted to know if the Rumor was true. If the Rumor is true then Karma will have her way on the team.

If you just wanted to know if the rumor was true, you should have just asked that. But you didn't. You asked what happens if a team IS caught cheating - which presumes they were cheating - just not caught.

I get that it was only a rumor and that you back peddled to clarify that, but if your claim that you were just wanting to know if the rumor was true, your OP was a lousy way of doing so.

Just my two cents.

Meat Man
09-18-2013, 08:09 AM
We live in a pretty small pond here in Utah. The so called rumor that Rascal describes, very closely resembles the overall results of an IBCA contest that was held at the Utah State Fair a couple of weeks ago, a contest that he did not do very well in BTW. A coincidence, sour grapes or just another familiar round of BS.

kenthanson
09-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Having no dog in this race and looking at it subjectively Razcal asked the question what would happen if someone got caught cheating, correct? Than SOMEONE ELSE brought more information in to the conversation regarding what's and where's. He was just curious as to the rules, and being a comp forum that's as good as place as any to ask about comp rules.

Cue's Your Daddy
09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Since I have been reading this over the last 2 days, can I ask WHY there is a suspicion of cheating? what has lead to people thinking they cheated?
SIDE NOTE: how come the people that cheat are always the ones winning, but finish anywhere out of top 2 and we are saints.

Jorge
09-18-2013, 12:51 PM
I hate this kind of stuff. It appears that you didn't make a complaint at the cook-off where the accusation could have been somewhat private. Yet you come on here attempting to be innocent by asking a simple question, then start dropping hints that someone may have cheated that you know, and then you out them in a thinly veiled post but claim you only asked a question.

So, I say this. You've ruined or at least tainted your reputation here. So, I don't think you can do anymore harm in that area if you just sack up and go ahead and make the full blown accusation of what you think happened. the very odd thing about this is you seem to have some sort of very close relationship with the accused. So, spill the beans.

This is quality advice, from a guy that has probably been around comp BBQ longer than you've given it a second thought.

I haven't named anyone:rolleyes:

This is guard house lawyer BS used to cover the fact that you wanted to needle somebody and walk away free and clear. I gave you the benefit of the doubt by using the word 'needle'.

If you intend to cook another contest I'd grow a pair and make things right all the way around...or go home and sit on the porch and lick. BBQ cooks tend to have long memories.

Razcal
09-18-2013, 06:54 PM
We live in a pretty small pond here in Utah. The so called rumor that Rascal describes, very closely resembles the overall results of an IBCA contest that was held at the Utah State Fair a couple of weeks ago, a contest that he did not do very well in BTW. A coincidence, sour grapes or just another familiar round of BS.

nope not the Utah State Fair Meat Man ( Will ) It was supposed to happen at a Competition Last year and the year Before. It was Not at the State Fair.

sdbbq1234
09-18-2013, 07:06 PM
:pop2:

I guess if everyone had only answered the original question, "What happens to a team that is Caught Cheating at a KCBS Competition?:confused: ", well, it would have been a short lived thread.

He should have asked KCBS.

Trolling is like, naw, I can't say it....

wallace

Razcal
09-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Having no dog in this race and looking at it subjectively Razcal asked the question what would happen if someone got caught cheating, correct? Than SOMEONE ELSE brought more information in to the conversation regarding what's and where's. He was just curious as to the rules, and being a comp forum that's as good as place as any to ask about comp rules.

thank You:cool:

Razcal
09-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Can I recommend that you sell your equipment and find a new hobby. This one is extremely small, especially in the CO and UT area with very few cookoffs. Just saying!

come on Up here to Utah and play we have two in October & 1 in November:clap:

Hawg Father of Seoul
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
If you were not trolling before, you are now.

If you want to salvage your reputation, the best way might be to just let this thread go. And let your BBQ speak for itself.

Personally, I am on the fence if you did this by accident or this was your intention. I know ego often fuels things like this and would have got caught up in something just like this in my early twenties.

However, my opinion is pretty useless.

Rstone
09-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Welcome to our world!

fnbish
09-18-2013, 10:15 PM
come on Up here to Utah and play we have two in October & 1 in November:clap:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

Your over the top "happy-go-lucky" replies to all the negative responses you have received is part of trolling 101. I for one applaud your lack of subtlety in hiding your true attentions :clap2::clap2:. Keep it up. You are what makes any internet forum interesting. Must be good to get fed this much huh :-D? You probably don't always get this good of a response.

BBQchef33
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
:pop2::drama:

in red and green..

:mod:

JazzyBadger
09-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Usually I stay out of this sort of stuff since I'm only interested in Competition BBQ from a spectator position, but I could have sworn this whole freaking 'Pre-cooked meat' thing is some sort of urban legend type deal. Seems like once every six months or so it pops up. Maybe I'm mixing websites up or something, but I honestly feel we had a thread almost exactly like this not 'too long' ago...

Bigdog
09-20-2013, 11:20 AM
:pop2::drama:

in red and green..

:mod:

...and purple, but we are a non binding reforendum...and the man in red and the greenie meanies listen to us. :thumb:

nthole
09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought he was in orange, not red?

deguerre
09-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I thought he was in orange, not red?

Idjet. :tsk: The Dog and Poobs are both part red on they mama's side. Doggie's daddy was blue and...

CBQ
09-20-2013, 01:24 PM
It's kinda like witchcraft, only way tastier. ;-)

Although I think this thread is mostly wasting Phil's disk space :becky: that's funny chit right there. Will have to use that one sometime.

Lynn
09-20-2013, 05:51 PM
It is really a shame that with no more events in the Utah area that the cooks can't get along like adults but I forget that isn't possible.

The event was an IBCA event - I was the rep and went and visited and check all teams to make sure that they were doing what appeared to be correct. Even in a KCBS event - if someone brought in meat after the reps left - they wouldn't know anything about it.

This was a legitimate event with 15 cooks participating -- I don't know who Razcal is however I got an email questioning the event and told the person questioning that if they would show their face at the event I would explain and show him how the IBCA system works.

GROW UP & GET A LIFE!

Jorge
09-21-2013, 08:06 AM
It is really a shame that with no more events in the Utah area that the cooks can't get along like adults but I forget that isn't possible.

The event was an IBCA event - I was the rep and went and visited and check all teams to make sure that they were doing what appeared to be correct. Even in a KCBS event - if someone brought in meat after the reps left - they wouldn't know anything about it.

This was a legitimate event with 15 cooks participating -- I don't know who Razcal is however I got an email questioning the event and told the person questioning that if they would show their face at the event I would explain and show him how the IBCA system works.

GROW UP & GET A LIFE!

And you came out of retirement, why?:mrgreen: Sorry that I didn't come find you guys in Bedford, but I didn't get out of the shade in the trees much!

Razcal
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
thank you ever one

Razcal
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM

Thank You Sir:mrgreen:

Contracted Cookers
09-30-2013, 07:44 PM
thank you ever one
you say thank you to everyone. what did you gain from this thread .didn't know they had crawdads in utah

big matt
09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Thank You Sir:mrgreen:

People that spread rumors are worse than the rumors they spread..if you don't have hard facts button up your hole and stop wasting our time..by the way even IF they did do what you say there is no way in hell they could RGC and GC twice..to me turning in precooked meat would hurt more than help?..does anybody else feel that way?..and if your FB page is the one in the link I see exactly why you don't do well.

Razcal
10-05-2013, 05:23 PM
People that spread rumors are worse than the rumors they spread..if you don't have hard facts button up your hole and stop wasting our time..by the way even IF they did do what you say there is no way in hell they could RGC and GC twice..to me turning in precooked meat would hurt more than help?..does anybody else feel that way?..and if your FB page is the one in the link I see exactly why you don't do well.

thank you Big Matt:loco:

ShencoSmoke
10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Moderator- is it possible to make this thread disappear? It is beyond a train wreck at this point.

Razcal
10-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Moderator- is it possible to make this thread disappear? It is beyond a train wreck at this point.

Thank You Sir:clap::clap:

BBQchef33
10-06-2013, 08:29 PM
the last batch of responses to this thread have adddd zero or less value if you have something constructive to add do so, if you have nothing but snarky sniping comments, find another thread to read.

Bigdog
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Nothing to see here...move along.....

Arlin_MacRae
10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
thank you Big Matt:loco:
After five days went by when this thread could die a natural death, you decide to open it back up with this? YOU, sir, are now on the radar.

deguerre
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Lock it for comments or move it to WP so "we" can demonstrate a proper trainwreck?

RangerJ
10-09-2013, 07:36 AM
With regards to brisket, some teams out here arrive early, get their meat inspected and cook it. Bring it to temp the next morning and turn it in. Works fine if you don't slice it until the next day. As we used to say in the Army, this is a "technique", perhaps not preferred and certainly not doctrine but a technique none the less.

In the above scenario, they are not cheating as they had their inspections done and cooked the meat after inspection.

I can't control the integrity of other folks but I can control mine and personally that's all I worry about.

I started this hobby in 2009 in Arizona and I saw the same AZ, CA teams every month it seemed, attributed to lack of contests and things just starting to take off out West. I moved back to Texas in 2011 and with hundreds of teams and cook offs, guess what, I still see the same teams pretty regular.

I suspect you will now find out how small the community really is.

Jorge
10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
With regards to brisket, some teams out here arrive early, get their meat inspected and cook it. Bring it to temp the next morning and turn it in. Works fine if you don't slice it until the next day. As we used to say in the Army, this is a "technique", perhaps not preferred and certainly not doctrine but a technique none the less.

In the above scenario, they are not cheating as they had their inspections done and cooked the meat after inspection.

I can't control the integrity of other folks but I can control mine and personally that's all I worry about.

I started this hobby in 2009 in Arizona and I saw the same AZ, CA teams every month it seemed, attributed to lack of contests and things just starting to take off out West. I moved back to Texas in 2011 and with hundreds of teams and cook offs, guess what, I still see the same teams pretty regular.

I suspect you will now find out how small the community really is.

I heard you weren't quite that philosophical in Dahlonega:wink: