PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Seattle

LaineB
09-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello all! My name is Laine, I'm kind of retired - at age 56. I do all the home maintenance, gardening and cooking. We grill outdoors all year-round, rain or shine - OK, more rain than shine here... My husband wanted a kamado cooker for Father's Day. After getting over the sticker shock, we saved and got it on sale three weeks ago; the new baby is a Kamado Joe Classic. Now I have to learn how to use it!

We live in the city and have this really small (6' w x 10' l) patio outside the kitchen. It was mud before we used pavers to make a tiny outdoor cooking area, which is now crammed with the Kamado and our trusty Weber Genesis Silver. The area is small but mighty (like me) with lights and electricity for plugging in a rotisserie and/or the BBQ Guru for regulating the pit and meat temperatures.

I'm determined to learn the art of low and slow BBQ. So far, we've burned a steak and undercooked a brisket (7 1/2 hours at 225 degrees just didn't cut it), but the flavors are awesome!!!

As a person who has never belonged to a forum, I have no idea what I'm doing, which makes this way fun :twisted:. So, when I make posting mistakes, let me know, 'cause I'm a pretty quick learner.

BMCSRET
09-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Welcome aboard from down here in NorCal. Looking forward to chatting up some good Q with you! Congrats on the purchase and you're in the right place to learn the art. There are some great skills in here.

swamprb
09-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome from BotHell, WA LaineB!

You came to the right place here at the BBQ Brethren and can hone your skills with the wisdom here.
But there is nothing better than getting out and meeting local Mossbacks and this ex-Capitol Hillbilly is here to tell you that you are not alone in Sea-town!

Diesel Dave
09-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Welcome and you're in the right place to learn and get all the help you need.
Sounds like you're off to a good start with the kamado :thumb:

BASSER
09-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Welcome Laine:clap:

LMAJ
09-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the party! Always nice to see another Sistern on the boards!

PaPaQ
09-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Welcome!

IamMadMan
09-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome Laine, hope to see you in "Q-Talk" forum...

Face
09-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum!

bluetang
09-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.