PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Not another Texan

Blitzcraig
09-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Hello All,

Yup, another Texan. This place is being overrun. We do love us some BBQ.

I've been lurking for quite some time. I have gained valuable information here in my search/research for my first smoker. I have other hobbies and know what a valuable resource forums can be and this one has proven to produce a wealth of information on all things Smoked. I enjoy cooking and I really enjoy playing with fire so getting a smoker seems like a perfect fit for me.

After months of searching, last week I ordered a 24" Vertical Offset from Lone Star Grillz. It has all of the features I want/require at a price point that no one could beat and it fit my budget. It also helped that several of the forum members have them as well. Bad news for impatient me is, they seem to have become quite popular and have a bunch of orders. Chris tells me it will be late October before I can expect to pick it up. They have been great to work with by the way.

My Dad, who just turned 80, has been smoking meats for at least 40 years and I consider him the king of the Pork Shoulder. He's from Western Kentucky and knows how it should be done. I'm hoping his skills are genetic. My Mom is also an outstanding cook with a specialty in soul food and I've learned a ton from her as well.

I look forward to being a part of this community and maybe even contributing from time to time as opposed to just consuming.

Blitz

Westexbbq
09-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the camp,
Blitz.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Diesel Dave
09-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Welcome and it sounds as if you've got a great start. Maybe you can pass on some of your dads techniqes/secrets :laugh:

BMCSRET
09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the party pal...

PaPaQ
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
09-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Glad you joined in. Our takeover plan is nearly complete now.

peeps
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Welcome and I look forward to seeing that smoker in action...and...

Hook 'em! \m/ :D

IamMadMan
09-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forums Blitzcraig, Hope to see you in "Q-Talk"

LMAJ
09-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the party!

bluetang
09-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.