PDA

View Full Version : Ribs

Bubba
09-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Have any of you guys ever turned in baby back Ribs and ST Louis cut spares together?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
09-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Deleted my response.

swamprb
09-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Cooked them side x side one time and it was a tossup which ones went in the box, but it wasn't both.

Ron_L
09-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't do both in the box unless you can fit 6 of each (assuming a KCBS competition). I think that it's a bad idea to have less than 6 pieces or portions of anything in the box. One judge may really want a spare or a baby back and may not get one because they were all taken by the time the box got to him or her.

Sawdustguy
09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Why would you ever consider doing that? Just curious.....

musicmanryann
09-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Not that you need any extra help on your ribs, bubba, but we have not. Like Ronelle said, if you can get 6 of each in the box and keep it from looking awkward, then I say let her rip! You will have judge's that don't "get it", but I think the ones that do would be impressed. That is of course if you can cook each perfectly, which shouldn't be a problem for you. :wink:

EMTTLC
09-10-2013, 09:08 AM
I normally cook St Louis style for comps but a few week ago cooked three racks of baby backs as well just to see how they did. only one rack of my St Louis's turned out worth a ****, and I had some nice looking and tasting baby backs that were better than the St Louis. I tried to get 6 of each in the box but they wouldn't fit. ended up turning in the St Louis. Middle of the pack. Should have gone with the baby backs.