PDA

View Full Version : Best Ribs I Ever Bought!

93vpmod
09-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I had a little time today to drop by and visit two of the Brethren in their Roadside BBQ operation in Springfield, IL. Two very nice and funny people!

NoSwineLeftBehind and Hal4UK have an excellent set-up with a large RF, a large Peoria Cooker, a Backwoods Chubby and a Backwoods Competitor among many other items. They had some chicken halfs and racks of ribs with all of the sides for sale. I picked up a rack of the ribs, slaw and a bottle of their own Hot and Spicey BBQ Sauce. (NoSwine gave me the bottle of sauce to try! Thanks!)

We joked that I should enter their ribs in the current Rib TD. DQ for sure.

When I got home I tore into the ribs because the smell on the ride home made me very hungry and i didn't take the time to take a pic. The one below was as the rack was coming off. I ate four bones before coming up for air. I followed that up with two large spoons of slaw and another bone to try their sauce.

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! The ribs were great, the slaw rocked and the sauce was HOT. (Yes Hal, I said the obvious, like many others.)

Great BBQ from some of our Brethren. My wife said their ribs we as good as mine, knowing not to cross over the line. I have to admit they were great!

Nice to meet both of you and thanks for taking the time to BS.

Mike

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a616/93vpmod/BBQ/image_zps130290a2.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/93vpmod/media/BBQ/image_zps130290a2.jpg.html)

aawa
09-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Those ribs look fantastic.

CharredApron
09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Nice to have them in the neighborhood. Yummy for the tummy!

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
09-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome in every sense of the word.

NoSwineLeftBehind
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks Mike!!!

It was a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for stopping by to chat while we were filling time between orders!

jeffturnerjr
09-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Put those ribs in my mouth!!

Diesel Dave
09-08-2013, 06:07 PM
They sure look like they'd be better than good :-D

HankB
09-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Where did you say there stand is? :-D

WAIT YOU DIDN'T! :mad2: :boxing:

You holding out on us? :tsk:

IamMadMan
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Great Looking Ribs..

Hal4UK
09-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Where did you say there stand is? :-D

WAIT YOU DIDN'T! :mad2: :boxing:

You holding out on us? :tsk:
Springfield...
http://www.noswineleftbehind.com/ :wink:

sparky'
09-08-2013, 06:27 PM
those look great. nice ribs squirt/hal. love the color to them. I bet they are pretty tasty.

Garrett
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I guess when you have to eat out, it's only fair to support a Brethren!

ITBFQ
09-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Next time I head to Springfield (my son and I like Abraham Lincoln as much as we love ribs) we will make it a point to stop by!

Hal4UK
09-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kind words and really nice to meet you today!!!
I just clicked the "THANK YOU" button earlier, as we were still busy (it's harder than it looks to actually smoke and sell BBQ!)

Moving from the backyard to a real business ain't easy...
I takes a long time just to "shut everything down" :wink:
We both really enjoyed meeting you today. It's always nice to put a face to a name with our fellow Q'ers!

---
Hey Brethren...
If any of y'all get a chance to meet Mike, just do it!
Real good guy!

---
One more thing...
Aside from BBQ, in one of our "side discussions", I think we have something else in common.
I mention it, because it's a topic that anyone might benefit from...
If this helps just ONE of y'all... it's worth saying.
Maybe your grandpa told you and you forgot.
Maybe you already know it, and (for you) I'm wasting my breath.
But, here it is: If you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it.

I don't care if you foil or don't foil. If you like Pecan, and I like Hickory, that's all well and good...
I ain't a preacher (far from it), but the Bible says, "The debtor is slave to the lender".
If you get THAT, your life will be better.
If you don't, I just didn't explain it well enough.

Happy Smokes, Y'all!
Awrighten.

93vpmod
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
I ain't a preacher (far from it), but the Bible says, "The debtor is slave to the lender".
If you get THAT, your life will be better.
If you don't, I just didn't explain it well enough.

Happy Smokes, Y'all!
Awrighten.

Great words of wisdom.

I learned the secret from a Great Aunt that lived to be a few days short of 100 yrs old. As I simply say, "if I can't pay cash for it, I can't afford it." The only debt worth considering MAY be an education or a home, MAYBE?

I use the same basic tenants in business and it's all in the numbers.

HankB
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I just clicked the "THANK YOU" button earlier, as we were still busy (it's harder than it looks to actually smoke and sell BBQ!)

Moving from the backyard to a real business ain't easy...
I takes a long time just to "shut everything down" :wink:
We both really enjoyed meeting you today. It's always nice to put a face to a name with our fellow Q'ers!

I'm sure it is a huge jump. I enjoy backyard 'Q and I'm a little disappointed in the 'Q served at so many restaurants. I also realize you have to cook in commercial quantities a large variety of meats (as well as prepare sides, drinks and so on.) And you have to do it more or less on demand and satisfy the tastes of as many customers as possible.

I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who can accomplish that. That's why I asked for specifics on your location. I hope to stop there the next time I pass through Springfield.

NoSwineLeftBehind
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Let us know when you'll be in town!