PDA

View Full Version : Hello from across the Pond!

funstuie
09-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Just wanted to say Hi. I am new member from the UK (I am actually from Ireland but live in the UK now) - side note I am right now in a hotel room in India (Bangalore) for a weeks work so this post is not accurate at all.

I love BBQ, I love cooking outdoors but the standard and quality of BBQing (skills, tools/equipment, enthusiasm) in the UK is low. I originally found this forum while searching for a smoker to import into the UK (going for either a Lang 36 or a Jambo Backyard) but the costs looks like they will be too prohibitive. So I bought a 55 gallon (200litres in my money) drum and I am going to start with a UDS.

I also have a wood fired oven (currently in storage as we had a lot of rain earlier this year and I didn't get the "kitchen area" in the garden finished.

Due to the way life has gone (work, kids, demanding wife) I have not done much outdoor cooking this summer but most of what I have done has been on a St. Lucia coal pot. It's tiny in comparison to what most of you use but its quick to setup and I can cook a lot on it so its been perfect for a little family.

I really want to slow cook some pork and beer can chicken so I best get back to the UK and get my UDS sorted.

Big George's BBQ
09-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Welcome Check out the UDS Thread You can get all the parts you need for it from a Brethren- Big Poppa Smokers- No welding needed and even comes with the drill bit Check out the sales and venture section

HAndyman
09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome from CA, and post pics of it when complete.

bluetang
09-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

TVB
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
From one newbie to another, welcome!

LMAJ
09-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the party!

armor
09-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Welcome and good luck!

BBQ_MAFIA
09-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Welcome