PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Biker Blues n BBQ Salisbury NC 9/20-9/21, 2013

smoke-n-my-i's
09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I can't believe nobody hasn't already gotten this one started.

So, whose in besides myself?

Last year was great with 54 teams. This year, it looks like Gary is trying to get 83 teams in... it will be "loaded" as last year was pretty tight. This is a great run event so it still should be great. See ya all there.

Bill

Pole D
09-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Well I'll be there ready to be humbled!

Do you know if the spaces are grass or paved?

smoke-n-my-i's
09-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Well I'll be there ready to be humbled!

Do you know if the spaces are grass or paved?

Last year was all asphalt.... this year, he sent out an email and asked for, I believe, 8 to volunteer for grass... I jumped on it, so I should be on grass... I sure hope so, that is so much easier on my bad knee.

Email him and ask if he has any spots on grass.... and if so, see if he can put you next to me.

bbq.tom
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Angela and I will be judging this one, so we will look you guys up after the judging on Saturday.

Good luck Bill and George!

Jabber
09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Smoke This will be there,Gary has done a great job of making this a great contest and with 80 plus teams it shows.

smoke-n-my-i's
09-13-2013, 09:36 AM
-- BUMP --

Last time I counted, there were 80 teams.

Here's a link to the team teams to date.

http://www.bikerbluesbbqrally.com/confirmed-teams/

SkinEz
09-16-2013, 09:09 PM
This will be my first competition. Looking forward to the experience. A quick question though. What size fire extinguisher is needed. The KCBS rules dont specify. Thanks

BMerrill
09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Holy Smoke BBQ will be there.

Fire extinguisher? KCBS rules only require that "a fire extinguisher shall be near all cooking devices." The events local fire department may require a minimum size. We have a 3-A:40-B:C.After 16 contest it has only been checked once and met the organizer's requirements.

Pole D
09-17-2013, 08:53 AM
This should be a lot of fun!

Of course I'm running around trying to get everything together. Making sauces and rubs tonight. Hoping to get everything organized and packed tomorrow and make injections Thursday night. That may be tough because I am also tailgating Thursday at the NC State vs. Clemson football game! Lots open at 2:30.

SkinEz
09-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Holy Smoke BBQ will be there.

Fire extinguisher? KCBS rules only require that "a fire extinguisher shall be near all cooking devices." The events local fire department may require a minimum size. We have a 3-A:40-B:C.After 16 contest it has only been checked once and met the organizer's requirements.
Thanks didnt want any drama my first comp.

BMerrill
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
@ SkinEz. I'll drop by you cook site for a visit and feel free to do the same.
My teammate is a CMBJ and can answer most of your questions about judging.