PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a Cambro 100mpc

Fat Freddy
08-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi all, recently I was given 2 Cambro 100mpc's. One is in pretty rough shape but the other seems fine except needs new latches and gasket. I did look up a few vendors for parts and for the one I am trying to repair which is a 2 screw metal latch the prices vary from $9.50 to $12.50 each and then another gasket is about $15. So for the latches,gasket and shipping I figure about $80. More than I want to spend but if I knew everything fit right would be easier to swallow, but every place I have looked says "no returns".

We currently have a Cambro 300 for holding our big meats before turn in but my thought is if I had a 100 in good shape it would be perfect for holding our turn in boxes until we need them when we dont have a fridge. I know we can use a cooler,and I have been, but the 100 is a perfect size if I can repair cheaply enough and it will have multiple other uses, such as holding hot meats for church get together and /or community picnics. Though my primary use would be for holding boxes at comps.

Does anyone know of latches I can use that dont cost as much or any kind of cheaper alternative? Or would I be better off just to not try to repair?

Slamdunkpro
08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi all, recently I was given 2 Cambro 100mpc's. One is in pretty rough shape but the other seems fine except needs new latches and gasket. I did look up a few vendors for parts and for the one I am trying to repair which is a 2 screw metal latch the prices vary from $9.50 to $12.50 each and then another gasket is about $15. So for the latches,gasket and shipping I figure about $80. More than I want to spend but if I knew everything fit right would be easier to swallow, but every place I have looked says "no returns".

We currently have a Cambro 300 for holding our big meats before turn in but my thought is if I had a 100 in good shape it would be perfect for holding our turn in boxes until we need them when we dont have a fridge. I know we can use a cooler,and I have been, but the 100 is a perfect size if I can repair cheaply enough and it will have multiple other uses, such as holding hot meats for church get together and /or community picnics. Though my primary use would be for holding boxes at comps.

Does anyone know of latches I can use that dont cost as much or any kind of cheaper alternative? Or would I be better off just to not try to repair?
Try here (http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/GCSearchCmd?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=1000148&pageDisplay=grid&maxResults=20&rankBy=&search_field=100+mpc+latches) - the latches were $4.50 each and the gasket came up as $11.

Fat Freddy
08-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Try here (http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/GCSearchCmd?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=1000148&pageDisplay=grid&maxResults=20&rankBy=&search_field=100+mpc+latches) - the latches were $4.50 each and the gasket came up as $11.

The 100MPC is one of the ones that those latches dont work for. From that place the latches i need are $10.58 each....Thanks anyways though