PDA

View Full Version : Any Fellow 'Smokers' from the Pacific NW?

McBBQ
08-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi all! I have been reading forums from this site for a while now...it seems every time I have Google'd a question I had, a decent answer was always to be found right here. So, I figured I should probably join the 'Brethren' and create a profile of my own! Who knows, perhaps I can share a few tips I've discovered along the way, as a way of paying it forward.

I hail from cloudy, rainy, Portland, Oregon, and I was wondering if there was anyone else on here from the area. I don't know many people around here with a passion for low-and-slow, and I thought it would be nice if I could meet a few fellow smokers on here. Anyone on here is welcome to stop by and say hi, but it would be cool to see how many other people on this site are from my neck of the woods.

Oh, and....GO DUCKS!!!
(no disrespect to Beaver Nation) :becky:

Mammoth Mountain
08-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Hello,
I am in Orting Wa. Also a member of PNWBA. Welcome a board!

landarc
08-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the Brethren, and yes, check out the Pacific Northwest BBQ Association, there's a few of you up there. And around here as well

Doctor Smoker
08-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Fellow NWer here.... Hillsburrito...

LMAJ
08-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the party!

bluetang
08-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

McBBQ
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks for the tip on the PNWBA! I had seen that site once, a while back, but just checked it out again, and it's pretty great. :)

Mammoth Mountain, are you competing in any of the upcoming events? I'm out of town for the next couple, but it would be a lot of fun to attend at least one before winter hits.

Hey, Doctor Smoker, thanks for stopping by! I'm also a westsider, over in the Bull Mountain/Tigard area. Do you ever compete in anything local, or are you more of a backyard bbq'er? I'm fairly new to all of it, so I'm not quite ready to compete, but hoping to get to that point within the next year or two.

bigdogphin
08-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi all! I have been reading forums from this site for a while now...it seems every time I have Google'd a question I had, a decent answer was always to be found right here. So, I figured I should probably join the 'Brethren' and create a profile of my own! Who knows, perhaps I can share a few tips I've discovered along the way, as a way of paying it forward.

I hail from cloudy, rainy, Portland, Oregon, and I was wondering if there was anyone else on here from the area. I don't know many people around here with a passion for low-and-slow, and I thought it would be nice if I could meet a few fellow smokers on here. Anyone on here is welcome to stop by and say hi, but it would be cool to see how many other people on this site are from my neck of the woods.

Oh, and....GO DUCKS!!!
(no disrespect to Beaver Nation) :becky:

Go Ducks! I live. In Beaverton... I will be cooking out at Portland Meadows on Labor Day. You should stop by and welcome.

McBBQ
08-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Go Ducks! I live. In Beaverton... I will be cooking out at Portland Meadows on Labor Day. You should stop by and welcome.

Hey, bigdogphin, I just did a Google search on your BBQ team, and it looks like you guys have a great thing going! I'm actually going to be down in Eugene for opening game, but will be back in town by Monday. I might have to make the drive up to Portland Meadows and check it out! Will you actually be cooking ON labor Day, or is it just the weekend leading up to it?

bigdogphin
08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
We are cooking on Labor Day at Portland meadows we will be inside the track. You can catch some BBQ while they have their live racing. Please feel free to introduce yourself.

PaPaQ
08-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome

HAndyman
08-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome from CA McBBQ

cowgirl
08-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum!

McBBQ
08-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome, everyone! It's great to be a part of such a cool site.

cowgirl, I clicked on your link and lost two hours of my day before I even realized it! What a great blog!!!! I couldn't stop myself, I must have clicked on thirty different blog entries, and my mind was spinning with different ideas inspired by your awesome recipes! :-D Keep up the great work, and you can bet I will be checking you out on a regular basis!

cowgirl
08-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome, everyone! It's great to be a part of such a cool site.

cowgirl, I clicked on your link and lost two hours of my day before I even realized it! What a great blog!!!! I couldn't stop myself, I must have clicked on thirty different blog entries, and my mind was spinning with different ideas inspired by your awesome recipes! :-D Keep up the great work, and you can bet I will be checking you out on a regular basis!

Thank you McBBQ! I appreciate you stopping by there! :grin: