PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the Maritimes Canada!

Jetwash
08-23-2013, 01:53 PM
G'day,
My name is Jim...I'm not a pit boss but I am a avid back-yarder!

I started out using a converted gas bbq into a smoker, and after my first rack of ribs...I was hooked. That was over 10 years ago. Since then I've stuck to traditional methods of smoking and bbqs...translation, verticals with wood smoke and bbqs using lump coal. I own a couple of home-made drum smokers and a gas/coal bbq side by side. Eventually, I see myself adding an Egg or a Kamado Joe to the mix.

I have never shied away from anything on the q. Be it steak to lobster, from pig to tomatos, if it can be cooked or smoked, I'll give it a shot! I'll try anything once. If I like it...then more than once :P

Hope to be active in this forum, and hope I can learn more about the craft.

Cheers,
Jim

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
08-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the Brethren Jim. I look forward to your participation.

cowgirl
08-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Jim!

Gore
08-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Welocme Jim! The Maritimes are one of my favorite places. Hope you enjoy it here too!

LMAJ
08-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the party!

PaPaQ
08-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome

Dirtbuddy
08-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard Jim, you've found all things Q here! enjoy your stay.

Beef
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Jim, welcome! The backyard is where most of us practice our expertice, oh and my screwups.

I long to get back to the Eastern Seaboard! I passed through there a number of times on Mortorcycle and Car years back ,before kids. I remember experiencing St John's sunshine (fog) late one night on motorcycle. not fun, but great memories.

Did PEI, and Cabbot Trail, and I remember a bit of Lac Brass'de'ores (sp) and possibly a place called meat cove (that we could not traverse due to muddy conditiones and a freaked out wife on the back, along those cliffs.!! OK, me too.)

Welcome aboard. Please show these folks how large and tender a Bay of Fundy Scallop can be. (oh, and do tell how tall the tides in Fundy can get) For a flat lander from Wisconsin, on the Great Lakes, your tides are quite hard to fathom.

Oh, what a great pun :blah:

HAndyman
08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Welcome from CA

bluetang
08-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.