PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Oinktoberfest Clarence, NY

DeepElemCue
08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
http://oinktoberfest.com/

Anyone competing/coming? Would love to meet some of you. Team Deep Elem Cue is signed up!!

HarleyGirl14226
08-23-2013, 07:03 AM
The 5th Artery will be there! :biggrin1:

Still trying to decide is Gail-A-Rita night will be Friday or Saturday, or both! (We all know I am not allowed to enjoy the hard liquor on Friday... Boo...) Also considering multiple flavors in pitchers instead of the Igloo cooler. Thoughts?

Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

TooSaucedToPork
08-23-2013, 01:44 PM
We will be there both days...one of our members is brewing a special pumpkin chocolate stout for the occasion. Should have about 5 gallons for Fri night.

BBQBeaver
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Fumacious Q will be there in an attempt to improve on a dismal finish last year ... LOL!

blackstrapbbq
08-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Blackstrap is in!

DeepElemCue
08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Deep Elem is making homemade pierogis and bringing the fixins for Irish Coffee. Plenty to go around :-D

DeepElemCue
08-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Still trying to decide is Gail-A-Rita night will be Friday or Saturday, or both! (We all know I am not allowed to enjoy the hard liquor on Friday... Boo...) Also considering multiple flavors in pitchers instead of the Igloo cooler. Thoughts?

I'll be up for a cocktail on Saturday night.

CBQ
08-23-2013, 08:58 PM

I kind of like the cooler, since the stuff is out for...a while. (It's normally still got Gail-A-Ritas in it the next day.) Taking this weekend off though...to make BBQ for another group. Have fun at the Oink.

ChuckD
08-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I will be there both days, cooking with my father. Were still not sure what were making for some of the Sunday categories, but were looking forward to meeting some folks from the brethren at least.

DeepElemCue
08-24-2013, 10:08 AM
I didn't enter Sunday.....maybe I should rethink

Pelkster
08-24-2013, 11:04 AM
KC and the Smokeshack Band will be there, hopefully set up behind the stage. That sopt has brought us some really good luck here the past two years.

Gail-o-ritas should be both nights. Why not? :P

Red Valley BBQ
08-24-2013, 05:31 PM
We'll be there as well!!! Not sure what we will be contributing to the downfall of western NY...if nothing else, the old standby of George Dickel No. 12 will be in the house.

DeepElemCue
08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
We'll be there as well!!! Not sure what we will be contributing to the downfall of western NY...if nothing else, the old standby of George Dickel No. 12 will be in the house.

How close are you to Pittsburgh? Primanti Brothers?????:-o:-o:-o

Will the Grill
08-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Two Smokin Guys will be there both days. We may be bringing a slushie machine and filling with some apple pie. We've been off the comp circuit since Boston Hills (WNY BBQ and Music) and can't wait to see everyone again.

Atlasman
08-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Priorville will be hitting Oink for the first time. Looking forward to seeing everyone and yet amazed the entire contest season is coming to an end already.

Seems like just yesterday we were all eating pizza and drinking beer compliments of the Buckner Bros at Roc City.

DeepElemCue
08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I think I need to step up my game. People are bringing way better stuff than I am. Maybe i'll bring apple pie shooters. Vanilla vodka, cinnamon schnapps and apple cider.

Pelkster
08-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm going to bring a mason jar of my daddy's apple pie shine. Stuff's got some SERIOUS bite, but finishes smooth with a taste of vanilla.

DeepElemCue
08-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Good lord....I hope i remember attending this contest after it's done :-D

DeepElemCue
09-03-2013, 11:48 AM
anyone else?

polishdon
09-03-2013, 12:35 PM
My Smokin' Ain't Easy teammates will be there.

Unfortunately I'll be spending the weekend in Vegas so I won't be attending. I'm sure you all feel sorry for me. :cry: :biggrin1:

HarleyGirl14226
09-03-2013, 12:59 PM
My Smokin' Ain't Easy teammates will be there.

Unfortunately I'll be spending the weekend in Vegas so I won't be attending. I'm sure you all feel sorry for me. :cry: :biggrin1:

VEGASSSSSSS!!!!!

Yeah - I totally feel sorry for you. NOT!

Make sure you go to Hash House A Go Go for breakfast... Get some tableside guac at Diego at the MGM Grand (and a margarita!)... The Cosmopolitan is amazing - love to gamble there... Hmmm... I'm sure I can come up with some more stuff to do in my favorite place...

DeepElemCue
09-04-2013, 12:57 AM
+1 on Hash House. Your arteries will than you. Also go to the Peppermill (across from Circus Circus) for giant girly drinks in an old Vegas style atmosphere.

polishdon
09-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Looks like there's a few Hash House locations in Vegas, any one in particular?

We have reservations for STK steakhouse in the Cosmopolitan. I'm not a gambler, so I'm more interested in the food. :clap:

HarleyGirl14226
09-04-2013, 03:17 PM
We usually go to the one off-strip (West Sahara)... A little less "touristy". But we have gone to the others when we didn't have a rental car (or feel like paying for a cab).

Kevin would agree with you on the gambling... He goes for the food/drink - but def. takes advantage of my gambling for his free drinks. I go for it all!

CBQ
09-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Make sure you go to Hash House A Go Go for breakfast... Get some tableside guac at Diego at the MGM Grand (and a margarita!)... The Cosmopolitan is amazing - love to gamble there... Hmmm... I'm sure I can come up with some more stuff to do in my favorite place...

We stayed at the Cosmopolitan last time, based on Gail's recommendation. It was good advice - not a cheap place at all, but a very different vibe from the other hotels we have stayed at there.

Try the Border Grill or RM Seafood at the Mandelay Bay. Fun test for BBQ cooks - RM Seafood has an ice cream tasting test for dessert. They give you 16 small servings and you have to guess what they are. The answer sheet comes later. Lots of fun, but some of the flavors will be really weird.

HarleyGirl14226
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
For those of you on this thread who aren't a member of the Western NY BBQ group on Facebook, it looks like a Pot Luck dinner is shaping up for Friday night. Will post more details here once I have them, or come on over to that thread on FB to see what's what.

BLACK DAWG BBQ
09-11-2013, 10:42 PM
BLACK DAWG will be there. WOOF!!!

DeepElemCue
09-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Is anyone bringing there own generator? I don't like the sound of the electric they are providing. Sounds like there will be multiple extension chords plugged into one another held together by duct tape :-D

TooSaucedToPork
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Is anyone bringing there own generator? I don't like the sound of the electric they are providing. Sounds like there will be multiple extension chords plugged into one another held together by duct tape :-D

I am...just in case

HarleyGirl14226
09-12-2013, 07:18 AM

Yup. We're actually considering buying an extra heavy duty extension cord this time around, after we got screwed at another contest earlier this year with a similar problem...

DeepElemCue
09-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Got my new banner....be on the look-out and come say hello!

TooSaucedToPork
09-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Got my new banner....be on the look-out and come say hello!

Nice Stealie!!!

DeepElemCue
09-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice Stealie!!!

Thank you kind sir!!

Red Valley BBQ
09-15-2013, 05:33 PM
How close are you to Pittsburgh? Primanti Brothers?????:-o:-o:-o

I can be in Pittsburgh in a little over 90 minutes. The closest Primanti Bros. is about 45 minus from here.

DeepElemCue
09-17-2013, 09:00 PM
See you in a couple of days!!! Giddyup

fuimus
09-18-2013, 10:09 AM
BBQ Bayou will be there. Hungarian Goulash and Spaetzle Friday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone