PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Greenville, SC!

PrinceofQ
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been a member of The BBQ Brethren Forums for a little while now and I don't recall ever introducing myself here in the Cattle Call. :)

My name is Jay Prince and I'm a Stay-at-home Dad and also a BBQ Tools & Tech Reviewer. I'm a backyard griller as well and I currently cook on quite a few different grills/smokers. My cooking arsenal currently includes all of the following: Char-Griller Akorn Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, REC TEC Pellet Grill, Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Pellet Grill, PK Grill, Camp Chef Smoke Vault, Orion Cooker, Hot Box Grill, Cook-Air Grill, Element Portable Grill, Lodge Hibachi Grill, 18.5 WSM, Weber Performer, 22.5 Weber OTG, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe and a Weber Genesis Silver B and a few others. :)

I'm really glad to be a member of this forum and enjoy all the great posts by other members on here!

Thanks!
Jay Prince

PaPaQ
08-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the forum Jay!

PrinceofQ
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Jay!

Thanks PaPaQ! :)

LMAJ
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the party!

bluetang
08-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Garrett
08-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Welcome!

PrinceofQ
08-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes! I appreciate it!

dwfisk
08-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Welcome from north Florida

bbq.tom
08-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the forum from a neighbor to the north!

If you get the chance, come over to Greer tonight or tomorrow for the Sooie't Relief BBQ festival. It's a KCBS event and will have 42 teams cooking.

PrinceofQ
08-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum from a neighbor to the north!

If you get the chance, come over to Greer tonight or tomorrow for the Sooie't Relief BBQ festival. It's a KCBS event and will have 42 teams cooking.

Yep I'll definitely be in Greer tonight. I've went the past 3 years since the contest started. :) It gets bigger and bigger every year. Also have some friends competing in it as well. Should be a really great time as long as the storms hold off. Is your BBQ Team competing at it then? Let me know and I will try and stop by. I'll also be wearing my grey BBQ Sauce Reviews T-shirt if you happen to see me walking around. Planning on getting there a little before 6pm as long as it's not storming since we'll have our 4 yr old with us. Have fun at the comp! Good luck if you're competing!

Gadragonfly
08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the party, Jay. I'm in Stone Mountain - so not too far away. We'll be judging this weekend in Greer. Absolutely love that contest! Julie

PrinceofQ
08-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the party, Jay. I'm in Stone Mountain - so not too far away. We'll be judging this weekend in Greer. Absolutely love that contest! Julie

Thanks Julie! Have fun judging this weekend! I'm looking forward to eating some good BBQ tonight with my Wife and little girl. :)

cowgirl
08-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome from Oklahoma!

bbq.tom
08-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Yep I'll definitely be in Greer tonight. I've went the past 3 years since the contest started. :) It gets bigger and bigger every year. Also have some friends competing in it as well. Should be a really great time as long as the storms hold off. Is your BBQ Team competing at it then? Let me know and I will try and stop by. I'll also be wearing my grey BBQ Sauce Reviews T-shirt if you happen to see me walking around. Planning on getting there a little before 6pm as long as it's not storming since we'll have our 4 yr old with us. Have fun at the comp! Good luck if you're competing!

Sorry I didn't reply before this, but my wife and I are judging Greer again (we've judged all of them).
We got into town about 2:30, but grabbed lunch and kicked around the teams for a little while and then headed to the hotel when it started looking stormy. Wanted to do the wing thing, but crashed instead.
We will be out and about after 2 today (after judging) so I'll look for you in case you are back.
Take care!

HAndyman
08-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Welcome from CA