PDA

View Full Version : Parkinson's Smoke Out Planning

BobWaltersBBQ
08-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Good day all!

I'm already planning for the 2014 Parkinson's Smoke Out. Last weekend we had our first committee meeting and resolved a few issues. I am extending to 3 days; arrival can now take place on Thursday if you wish.

Due to the spacing available along Riverside Dr I'm making all spaces 40' lineal with use of the curb or median, depending on which side of the road you’re on. I'm looking to make all entries $275 with free electric, water and the complimentary 2 bags of ice and ten (10) free tickets to the silent auction.

Thoughts???:-o

bbq.tom
08-20-2013, 09:01 PM
If you do anywhere nearly as good as your first year, then this should be another GREAT event!!!

My wife and I judged, and had a GREAT time! And for a great cause too!

Good luck Bob, and keep us posted on how things are coming.

Pappy Q
08-21-2013, 05:49 AM
I wasn't able to make it this year but you can count me in for next year!

New Pal Frank
08-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Sounds OK. Do you have a secure parking area for tow vehicles? We can not fit our rig and vehicle in 40'.

We judged last year and are looking at cooking this one. It is on our wish list for 2014.

Dragline
08-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Looking forward to another great comp, beautiful setting cooker friendly and an organizer that busts his butt for you!

BobWaltersBBQ
08-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Sounds OK. Do you have a secure parking area for tow vehicles? We can not fit our rig and vehicle in 40'.

We judged last year and are looking at cooking this one. It is on our wish list for 2014.

How much room would you need to leave your rig hooked up? There is parking available in Tropicana's Garage or on their parking lot. Both are patrolled on a regular schedule by their security.

BobWaltersBBQ
08-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and for being a part of this event. Great things are happening and I look for 2014 to be a great contest.

New Pal Frank
08-22-2013, 09:56 AM
How much room would you need to leave your rig hooked up? There is parking available in Tropicana's Garage or on their parking lot. Both are patrolled on a regular schedule by their security.

Our camper hitch to bumper is about 35' and a crew cab short bed truck.

Rusty Kettle
08-23-2013, 12:30 AM
An event to raise money for Parkinson's? Awesome. You can count me in as long as I can get the vacation time. My grandfather passed away from it going to be 2 years in Jan. I have never competed and I have been considering it and looking at events to try and decide which ones to enter maybe. I probably will do maybe 1-3 in 2014. Any tentative dates yet? I want to make sure I can take time off from work for it because I will have to drive pretty far. I live just North of Pittsburgh, PA.

BobWaltersBBQ
08-24-2013, 10:45 PM
April 3-5 Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Follow the event at www.Facebook.com/pdsmokeout