PDA

View Full Version : Hawg with a Heart

MikeJ65
08-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I know some of you have seen that Operation BBQ Relief is offering a very unique whole hog class at the Royal this year to raise money. It has been advertised at $1500 and, while it is a very good cause, that is still a pretty hefty price tag for most of us. I found out today that membership in most any BBQ society gets you a $505 discount, making it $995. I believe that $795 of this is also tax deductible. I haven't signed up yet, but I am about to pull the trigger.

Here are the instructors (not that they need any introduction on this board) and a link for more details.

Brad Orrison - The Shed BBQ and Blues Joint- Memphis in May Whole Hog Champion and TV personality from Up In Smoke BBQ Show and the new show on Food Network “The Shed” airing August 5th.

Mark Lambert - Sweet Swine O Mine Competition Team and Distributing- 2 time Memphis in May World Champion and numerous other championships!

John Wheeler - Natural Born Grillers – 3 Time Memphis in World Champion, numerous Grand Championships and co-owner of Memphis Barbecue Co.

Allen Smith - Boars Night Out - 2012 MBN Overall Team of Year and 2012 Team of the Year Ribs, Shoulder and Hog as well as numerous other Grand Championships!

http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/hawgwithaheart

stan
08-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Mike you are correct $795 of the $995 is tax deductible. Also Founders Club members and Grand Champion Club members the cost is $900. Look forward to see you and others at the class.