PDA

View Full Version : 3 compartment sinks

sbshaveice
08-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm upgrading our operation so we can cater cooked foods. We are a 3 man operation only and can't be hassling with huge stainless restaurant contraptions. The day this stops being fun is the day we quit. Our handwashing sink is plastic and NSF approved, so we want to stay with an NSF plastic 3 sink to save our backs.
Curious about some of the sizes you guys use. Not really sure how big or small to go for each sink. Suggestions? I believe we have the plumbing worked out, we can tap in to a lot of our hand washing plumbing for hot h20 and grey water disposal.

Pyle's BBQ
08-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Where are you putting the sink?

sbshaveice
08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Well sir we do things a little different, we have a small support trailer that has water pumps and tanks and stuff, so the 3 compartment sink will hopefully be something totally freestanding and on wheels. We are shooting for flexibility and light weight. We will hook to our support trailer with sharkbyte fittings.

bizznessman
08-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Is this in/on a trailer or in a commissary/kitchen? You should check with your HD to see what they require for size of compartments. Here in KS they require that each compartment be large enough to completely submerse our largest wares (pot, pan, etc). Here that applies to mobile as well as stationary licensed food operations. You are lucky if they allow plastic. Kansas will accept NSF SS only.

EDIT: I just read your post above. I am afraid I can't help much with this as it appears CA is quite different with their HD regs. I go back to my initial suggestion. Work with your HD. I am guessing they have final say on what is approved/allowed in your location.