PDA

View Full Version : Hotdogs and hamburgers for softball tourney

juslearning
08-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I have been asked to cook hotdogs and hamburgers for a high school softball tourney. When I asked how many I should be prepared for, all she could say is that there will be 6 teams (girls). It will be about 8 hours long, but starts at 9, so most people will eat breakfast. Anyone have any experience on how to estimate the number of each I will need?

This is not a catering gig, only supplying the labor and grill. I don't need to know prices as they will be selling it.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
08-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Little League uses the frozen Costco patties for that very reason. You never know how many you will sell and nothing goes to waste.

bizznessman
08-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I agree with HeSmellsLikeSmoke. Use frozen patties and packages of dogs (stored in separate coolers for cross contamination safety issues).

juslearning
08-11-2013, 05:47 PM
That is what we are using, just wanted to make sure we get enough. Too much ok.

bizznessman
08-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I guess that depends on who is paying for them. If it is not a for profit gig then be sure you have plenty. I am assuming you are being fully reimbursed for all your costs so it is always better not to run out. :wink: As for actual quantities it is impossible to give advice on a number without an estimate of how many will be served.

juslearning
08-11-2013, 09:38 PM
It is for the school so it is to help with expenses for the team. I will be reimbursed so I don't want to run out. I will probably donate 4 butts to make sandwiches too.

caseydog
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM
One word of caution. Those frozen burger pucks drip some serious fat when they cook -- especially when you cook a bunch of them. Be prepared to deal with some flames. Don't ask me how I know this, just trust me that I know it to be a fact. :shock:

CD