PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Quad Cities (IL)

potaetoSON
08-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi all!

I've been reading posts here for some time now and finally decided to join the Brethren. I've been bbq cooking nearly 4 years now. Started with an electric smokey hollow i received from my father in law for xmas. I still remember "firing it up" (plugging it in) and smoking a whole chicken in the middle of January.

I've come along way since then and now cook on a WSM 225 and im in the process of a BDS build. I just ordered a big propane torch to give it a proper burn out.

recently ive been practicing my butts, briskets, ribs, chicken.....and documenting and honing my procedures for about a year now. im thinking about entering a small (33 team),local kcbs comp next summer....we will see.

i love putting a kiss of smoke on just about anything though. abts, salmon, wings, pizza, loins, turkey, etc.... did a wet cure on 19# fresh ham for 10 days..then hit with some apple wood and raspberry/apricot glaze....that was fun. still need to cure my own brisket and make some pastrami....soon

doing some practice comp thighs this weekend and will do a couple of packer briskets next weekend.

For good measure...a recent thigh cook
Chicken Thighs! (http://imgur.com/a/dEiJk)

hope learn a lot here.
heres to smokin'

pS

bluetang
08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

93vpmod
08-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome...great place, great people!

Hey, the thighs looked real nice.

LMAJ
08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the party!

loco_engr
08-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome and Good Luck!

PaPaQ
08-09-2013, 02:50 PM