PDA

View Full Version : brisket for banquet

Resesgrill
08-08-2013, 03:24 PM
i have a banquet to do and they have requested smoked brisket in a sauce,we have the smoked part down packed but the sauce is another story,anybody have a good recipe for a merlot mushroom sauce or something to that effect??:blabla:

boogiesnap
08-08-2013, 05:05 PM
merlot mushroom sauce with bbq brisket? dunno bout that combo. could be great though. i'd experiment first.

RangerJ
08-08-2013, 05:16 PM
This merlot mushroom sauce is what they requested? Or your just trying to come up with something outside the box?

Its always sauce on the side around here but if I was having to come up with something, I'd look more towards a bourbon bbq sauce versus a merlot mushroom....

Pyle's BBQ
08-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.

txschutte
08-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.
^^^^^^This.

Resesgrill
08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
great idea thanks!!!

Pyle's BBQ
08-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey the spaghetti stuck.

BigBellyBBQ
08-11-2013, 01:04 AM
I make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, Merlot..... then reduce to 1/2.. add honey or Guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
for your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this WENT BIG TIME...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver BIG..

BigBellyBBQ
08-11-2013, 01:05 AM
ps...never put a sauce other than its own juice on a brisket..put it on the side

Resesgrill
08-12-2013, 10:30 AM
i make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, merlot..... Then reduce to 1/2.. Add honey or guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
For your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
Serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this went big time...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver big..

thanks this was a very big hit!!!!!!!!!!!!