PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Monitoring

akoda
08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
All,

I guess this is the best place to ask ... I have an ET-73, ET-732 and am considering a second ET-732 thermometer. Have you all had any issue with multiple wireless probes and cross talk between them. I have not contacted Maverick yet but figured you all must run all flavors of thermometer probes.

Thanks

fnbish
08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
I've never had issues with my two 732's crossing signal. I do make sure to sync/start them one at a time.

Pole D
08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I've had problems with the probes but never with signals getting crossed.

Cast Iron Chef
08-06-2013, 10:07 AM
One 73 and two 732's with no problems. As Jason said I sync one at a time.

akoda
08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks to you all

IronBoarSmokers
08-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I've always run two (one at each end in a whole hog smoker), and never had them get mixed up. The trick is to start the transmitter and receiver on one set at the same time, wait until they mate, and then do the same to the other set. Don't start both transmitters at the same time and then both receivers. When you do that, they're both out looking for a handshake and they can get mixed up. Once mated, I've never had ones signal hop to the other.

Occasionally one receiver will stop updating, but that's usually due to a low battery and is unrelated to whether you're running more than one.

BaggerBill
08-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I've never had issues with my two 732's crossing signal. I do make sure to sync/start them one at a time.

Exactly! One time I started them all at the same time and pressed the button to sync the first receiver, it sent the temp to both receivers. Now I start them one at a time and all is good!