PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendation for Royal?

smokeyw
08-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I just got my invitation to the American Royal this week and am trying to find a hotel room for Thursday Oct. 3rd thru the 6th. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is fairly close that may have a room then? I know it's late but like I said, we just got our invitation.

SOB
08-03-2013, 02:49 PM
The Royal grounds are pretty close to downtown KCMO.
My aunt and uncle stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin and really like it for the price but there is several others right downtown on the top end from the Marriot, Hilton President and Crowne Plaza which I think at different times all have hosted major league teams in town.
Your choice.
If you need something cheaper you'll be farther away.
I know there is a couple in North KC just over the river.

cds9333
08-03-2013, 07:10 PM
I have stayed at the Aladdin for several weeks (work). The rooms are small and a little outdated for a nice downtown hotel, but I recommend it to anyone who needs to stay downtown. Currently rooms appear to be $155/night; unless you can get a special rate, i.e. active duty military or Government employee ($99). As I am only judging, I went with the Holiday Inn on the Plaza, it's 4 miles away.

Bentley
08-03-2013, 10:13 PM
BestWestern KC Inn is great, free 24 hour shuttle, but I would venture to guess they are booked!

Bigdog
08-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Lately I have been sleeping on site.

Diva
08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
If you can find a room, get it. Nascar is also the weekend of the Royal.