PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh, don't tell anybody

Wrench_H
08-02-2013, 11:44 AM
I have a buddy that owns a couple of firehouse subs, and he keeps telling me how good their pulled pork sandwich is. I finally tried one today, and I'm ashamed to say...I didn't hate it. I got it without slaw, so I can't speak to that part, but the pork had a little taste to it, and even more surprisingly, it had texture as well. I was expecting a pile of mush on a bun. Please keep this between you and me though.

deguerre
08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.firehousesubs.com/App_Themes/FirehouseSubs/images/FHS_OurMenu/porknslaw-menu.png

Actually doesn't look TOO bad...

DownHomeQue
08-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Looks down right decent..

dwfisk
08-02-2013, 11:54 AM
I've tried the one with they marketed with King Hawaiian bun (I think Guerry's pic) they don't suck!

Dex
08-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Dont be ashamed... I always try pulled pork at restaurants. Makes me feel even better about how good mine taste :)

I will add this one to the list!

deguerre
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I've tried the one with they marketed with King Hawaiian bun (I think Guerry's pic) they don't suck!

Yep. That's the one. I just discovered we actually have a fcouple locations in Memphis. Figured they'd all be in Germantown or Collierville. What I didn't like about their menu though was the have NO COLD SUBS!!! Unless you consider a chicken or tuna salad sandwich a sub...

gtr
08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
If it's good it's good!

Wrench_H
08-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep. That's the one. I just discovered we actually have a fcouple locations in Memphis. Figured they'd all be in Germantown or Collierville. What I didn't like about their menu though was the have NO COLD SUBS!!! Unless you consider a chicken or tuna salad sandwich a sub...

Their subs aren't the best, pretty run of the mill chain sub shop stuff. I think that is why it surprised me that the pork wasn't terrible. It is the only quick food really close by my house, so I end up going there for lunch a couple times a month.

dwfisk
08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
The one in Ocala, Fl is in a little "health food" strip mall, Firehouse Subs with a 5-Guys on one side and a Cold Stone Creamery on the other :).

jlane
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I tried Firehouse for the first time last week. The store here in St. Louis had a brisket sub which my wife had. They said it was slow smoked for 16 hours, but since I didn't see their smoker I was skeptical, but it didn't suck.

spider22
08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
We are telling everybody

cpw
08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I has a serious need for BBQ while on vacation a few weeks back and this was the closest thing around. It wasn't all bad.

cowboyupbbq
08-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have a buddy who keeps talking about opening a Firehouse franchise. In my experience, nearly everything tastes better with King's Hawaiian bread!

Eric

LMAJ
08-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Never heard of them - will keep an eye out.