PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. SAMs Laurel, MD - WHO IS IN???

sdbbq1234
08-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Subject line says it.

KCBS web site shows 29 confirmed and does not show listof teams until all 30 are confirmed.

So, who is in? We got the email from Troy with the rules, guidelines stuff. It says teams will be loaded as they arrive.

So, who wants to go in before or after us? :wacko: I am thinking about waiting for Mike, Rolfe, Sal or Joel, but not sure who else is going and would want to have a goofy team like ours next to them............ :crazy:

Now that'd have posted this, I am sure everyone that sees our truck with a U-Haul will haul ass around us. :biggrin1:

Can't wait as it has been about 6-7 weeks since our last comp and I am getting anxiety again!!!

wallace

Theresa B
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Wallace- we'll be there judging.

Slamdunkpro
08-01-2013, 08:25 PM
We're in. We should be there right about 9:30

Slamdunkpro
08-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Here's the full list:

SeaDog BBQ
HAWG Nation BBQ
Rockin Robyns
The BBQ Guru
Aporkalypse Now
Baby Got Butt (MD)
Lyin Pigs
Jokers and Smokers
Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
Pigheaded BBQ
Gypsy and the Biker BBQ
peppermonkeybbq
Brown Liquor BBQ
Bone to Bark BBQ
Eggstra Point BBQ
Life Is Good, But BBQ Is Better
Finn's Finest BBQ
Can't Stop, Won't Stop BBQ
Wilbur's Revenge
Diesel Smoke BBQ
Franklin County Moonswiners
SIMPLY Q
Badlands BBQ
Party Pigs BBQ
M & E BBQ
Sir-Porks-Alot BBQ
Pavone Brothers BBQ
Uncle Pig's Barbeque Pit
The Fat Pig
Hambones by the Fire

HawgNationBBQ
08-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Obviously HAWG Nation is in by reference to the list. I sure hope that list is indication of the final results.

Rick Hamilton
08-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Obviously HAWG Nation is in by reference to the list. I sure hope that list is indication of the final results.

You are wishing DAL on me? Geez. The way I cooked at Maggie Valley it may actually happen!

walrus79
08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Brown Liquor is in...hope Laurel is good to us again!

sdbbq1234
08-02-2013, 02:21 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallace

Pig Headed
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Gee, thanks Mike:twisted:

I'll see you guys there.

rolfejr
08-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Rockin' Robyn's will be there!
Load in is pretty easy as there is lots of room. We usually bring the carpet for this one as the asphalt gets hot.

"Bone to Bark" BBQ
08-03-2013, 02:32 PM
As the list indicates, we're in! Looking forward to it. See you all there!

sdbbq1234
08-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Rockin' Robyn's will be there!
Load in is pretty easy as there is lots of room. We usually bring the carpet for this one as the asphalt gets hot.

Ah, very good advice on the carpet!

Thanks and we'll see you guys in a couple of weeks.

wallace

BABYGOTBUTT
08-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Baby Got Butt will be there. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

-Big John

sdbbq1234
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Ok, so anxiety is setting in again. Been out of the comp scene too long. I am beginning to understand the need to compete often. That is for me anyways.

Thanks for the tip about bringing carpet from Rockin' Robyn team.

Any other tips that might help as this is our first SAMs comp?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

wallace

Slamdunkpro
08-14-2013, 12:14 AM

Don't show up wearing this
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/mp/00/81/34/86/01/0081348601048_P255045_300X300.jpg

HawgNationBBQ
08-14-2013, 09:09 AM

Yea, and bring lots of this.

sdbbq1234
08-14-2013, 02:42 PM
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/mp/00/81/34/86/01/0081348601048_P255045_300X300.jpg

Mike,
You are right; I got rid of the bow-tie. It did look a kinda "girly-manish".

Patrickkva
08-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Make sure to bring some red solo cups. Trust us. In fact I'll be our team gets a mention from Troy about this during the cooks meeting. :laugh:

sdbbq1234
08-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Yea, and bring lots of this.

Man!! That makes my little bottle of Patron look like child's play! I would be in trouble around that collection!

wallace

PeppermonkeyBBQ
08-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Ok, so anxiety is setting in again. Been out of the comp scene too long. I am beginning to understand the need to compete often. That is for me anyways.

Thanks for the tip about bringing carpet from Rockin' Robyn team.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

wallace

We'll be there ... looking forward to it. Simple goal is to do better than we did last year in Pittsburgh. Enough said. My tip for you wallace, don't be late for awards! Troy runs a tight ship and if you are a few minutes late, you may have missed them completely! See you all there!

JM

sdbbq1234
08-14-2013, 09:10 PM
We'll be there ... looking forward to it. Simple goal is to do better than we did last year in Pittsburgh. Enough said. My tip for you wallace, don't be late for awards! Troy runs a tight ship and if you are a few minutes late, you may have missed them completely! See you all there!

JM

Cool!

Simple goal for us, make it in the top 6!!! With the team line-up, we are shooting for the stars there! But hey, all we all can do is give it our best!

And, I like the sound of being there on time for awards. We want to be one of the teams that gets an award! :biggrin1:

Weather looks like it should be really nice! Can't wait!

wallace

PeppermonkeyBBQ
08-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Cool!

Simple goal for us, make it in the top 6!!! With the team line-up, we are shooting for the stars there! But hey, all we all can do is give it our best!

And, I like the sound of being there on time for awards. We want to be one of the teams that gets an award! :biggrin1:

Weather looks like it should be really nice! Can't wait!

wallace

Sounds like a good goal Wallace. That was our goal last year but getting DAL in pork kind of crushed our dreams! So now with a goal to do better, we simply have to get better than DAL in pork and we are in business!

Seriously, looking forward to seeing you and everyone else. This will be three in a row for us so we are a little tired, but our new battle wagon makes it easier. REALLY looking forward to the weather if it remains as predicted!

sdbbq1234
08-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a good goal Wallace. That was our goal last year but getting DAL in pork kind of crushed our dreams! So now with a goal to do better, we simply have to get better than DAL in pork and we are in business!

Seriously, looking forward to seeing you and everyone else. This will be three in a row for us so we are a little tired, but our new battle wagon makes it easier. REALLY looking forward to the weather if it remains as predicted!

You guys finished last in any category sounds like an oxymoron; just doesn't go together.

And, a new battle wagon? Cool!!! Can't wait to see it!

wallace

CBQ
08-15-2013, 07:42 AM

Apparently you weren't watching Smokin' Hogzz compete when you were in RI. You never know what Alan will be wearing. :becky:

Good luck everyone! Will be seeing six of you in Chesapeake. :clap2: