PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Keystone Classic in Harrisburg

Mfires
07-23-2013, 09:02 PM
6th year and still going strong! Who needs the boardwalk in AC when we have free electric, water and ice, 24 hour indoor bathrooms, showers and security! Keystone Classic BBQ State Champ in Harrisburg, PA is a one of kind event featuring not just bbq, not just state championship but it is held during the largest livestock show in the eastern United States.
http://www.keystoneinternational.state.pa.us/page/barbeque_grill_off.aspx

ROLL CALL!!! WHO WILL BE JOINING US??????!!!!!

BrotherInArms
07-23-2013, 10:53 PM
The Navy will be rolling in Harrisburg this October with BROTHERS-IN-ARMS BBQ. We are a team members from Appalachian American BBQ and Team Lik-My-Ribbz, and all Active Duty Navy that form Brothers-In-Arms. And we are excited to a part of this years event.

rolfejr
07-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Rockin' Robyn's is in!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
07-25-2013, 01:16 PM
This has always been a well run event and Im sure it will be this year as well. I have cooked this every year and also in the past helped on the committee to represent the cookers. Im sure it will be another good time this year!

BrotherInArms
07-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Rockin Robyn & Smokin Gnome it will be good to see you all up in Harrisburg again this year

BaggerBill
07-25-2013, 09:20 PM
We will be there! It will be our 3rd comp ever...and as of this writing we still haven't done our first. We are true rookies! Look for Willy's Q Shack, we'll be the ones with the big ole bug eyes trying to figure it all out!

doug_b
07-28-2013, 09:46 PM
I am considering entering this as my first BBQ comp. Gives me enough time to plan and practice.

Would you recommend this event for a first timer?

Fornia
07-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Probably not a bad one for a 1st run

Red Valley BBQ
07-28-2013, 10:07 PM
We are seriously considering this one. We have that weekend open as of right now, and we've always wanted to cook it.

carlharper
07-29-2013, 07:30 AM
If you are a rookie competitor, don't hesitate to sign up for this contest! Great facilities and an established, well run event.

Mfires
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Here is the list of teams already signed up for the Keystone Classic on October 4 and 5:

HAWG Nation BBQ
Just Lay Down BBQ
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Smokin' Ash-Holes
Camp Bacon BBQ
3 EYZ BBQ
Pig Pen BBQ
Brisket Burners
Fire & Spice
Rockin Robyns BBQ
Cruzen 2 Q
Brothers in Arms BBQ
Chili Dave and the Hotties
Better Than Bacon

Hope to see your team signed up next!

HawgNationBBQ
07-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Here is the list of teams already signed up for the Keystone Classic on October 4 and 5:

HAWG Nation BBQ
Just Lay Down BBQ
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Smokin' Ash-Holes
Camp Bacon BBQ
3 EYZ BBQ
Pig Pen BBQ
Brisket Burners
Fire & Spice
Rockin Robyns BBQ
Cruzen 2 Q
Brothers in Arms BBQ
Chili Dave and the Hotties
Better Than Bacon

Hope to see your team signed up next!

We will be sticking with you guys. See you in October!
Oh, and I sure hope this is how all of the teams finish.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PeppermonkeyBBQ
07-30-2013, 09:28 AM
This is one of our favorites. They've put on enough contests to know what it takes to ensure it runs smooth for everyone (even whel Sal helps out)!!! This was one of the first contests we signed up for this year! New teams will appreciate the facilities and the fact that there is never a lack of information from the organizer.

sdbbq1234
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Looks like a great line up so far!

As of now, we are in! Just need to get the application and money in the mail.

The Peppermonkey folks told us this was a really nice and well run event.

But, please change the order of the outcome to show LifeIsGood,ButBBQIsBetter at the top. :wink:

wallace